Won't download...

Awhile ago when I was using MX4 all of the sudden it just stopped being able to download anything.  I would click on the link and nothing would happen, so I would have to open Edge (yuck) and paste the link.  Edge could download it fine.  If you have been following my posts you know that I just reinstalled windows and am in the process of setting everything up back to the way I want it.  Sometime between yesterday afternoon and this morning it started not downloading again.  I am trying to remember what the last things I installed were, all I have come up with that has anything to do with downloading and connections was dropbox and google drive.  I think.  I have been installing a lot of open source programs and would be happy to give anyone a list of them if needed.  I have also downloaded a couple from the windows store.  But I have also been messing with the system settings - nothing too invasive, mostly just personalization stuff.  So with all the changes happening on this computer so quickly you can imagine why it is so hard for me to figure out which one is causing the problem.  Can someone please help?  I know a long time ago you guys tried to recreate the bug and could not, but now that I am running a different version of the browser could we try and figure this out again?  It is super annoying.  It's a clean computer, also.  No viruses or malware, I am very careful and have run a scan with avast.  I can't look at the logs because I don't know how to read code.  Oh, and the problem is intermittent - sometimes it was bugged out and sometimes it downloaded just fine.

12 hours ago, klear6 said:

Awhile ago when I was using MX4 all of the sudden it just stopped being able to download anything.  I would click on the link and nothing would happen, so I would have to open Edge (yuck) and paste the link.  Edge could download it fine.  If you have been following my posts you know that I just reinstalled windows and am in the process of setting everything up back to the way I want it.  Sometime between yesterday afternoon and this morning it started not downloading again.  I am trying to remember what the last things I installed were, all I have come up with that has anything to do with downloading and connections was dropbox and google drive.  I think.  I have been installing a lot of open source programs and would be happy to give anyone a list of them if needed.  I have also downloaded a couple from the windows store.  But I have also been messing with the system settings - nothing too invasive, mostly just personalization stuff.  So with all the changes happening on this computer so quickly you can imagine why it is so hard for me to figure out which one is causing the problem.  Can someone please help?  I know a long time ago you guys tried to recreate the bug and could not, but now that I am running a different version of the browser could we try and figure this out again?  It is super annoying.  It's a clean computer, also.  No viruses or malware, I am very careful and have run a scan with avast.  I can't look at the logs because I don't know how to read code.  Oh, and the problem is intermittent - sometimes it was bugged out and sometimes it downloaded just fine.

Are there some pages that couldn't be download everytime? If it could be duplicated every time, it will be much easier to identify the cause. Send us the urls.

Archived