Maxthon Translate button

PHYR

39 minutes ago, PHYR said:

The translate button is difficult to use at times as it is using Google Chinese to translate with no option to switch to English.

It's using the Windows'default language as the target language for translation.  There's no option in Maxthon but "Translate Selected Text" does provide the option to switch target language.

I can see problems if you need full page translation to a language other  than Windows' default.

<<SL>>

7 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

It's using the Windows'default language as the target language for translation.  There's no option in Maxthon but "Translate Selected Text" does provide the option to switch target language.

I can see problems if you need full page translation to a language other  than Windows' default.

<<SL>>

Every Maxthon version before M5 used the English google translate. Don't know about you but I can't read Chinese so its almost totally useless for me.

13 hours ago, PHYR said:

The translate button is difficult to use at times as it is using Google Chinese to translate with no option to switch to English.

For me google translate works fine, but as I switched to baidu or youdao then it is in Chinese and this can not be used (even the language hard to change).

2016-10-09 05_28_16-.jpg

Dzis.jpg

Dzis1.jpg

58 minutes ago, PHYR said:

Sure it works but then you can't use it beyond the translation, at least I can't

Please clarify ... "use it" what?;  "beyond the translation" - how?

Regarding your previous response to me in this thread, I can't read Chinese without trabslation assistance either.  I mostly use Google Translate, though in MX4 I did use Baidu some and Bing Translate some mostly for comparisons of the translations.

<<SL>>

You can't change languages or translate from a second language back to english because you can't find the languages as they are listed in Chinese.

Why do I have to explain this, the devs are well aware what I'm referring to as they had no problems doing so since google introduced translations and probably with M$ before that!

Pretty simple, just use this translator https://translate.google.com/ instead of the Chinese one.

1 hour ago, Ices_Eyes said:

I have no this kind of behaviour, when I click on translate, it goest to google.com, but the page is in italian, and so the languages available.

MaxthonSnap20161009104523.png

That's Right, google is working properly. But I wonder, why are added options Baidu and Youdao, if it is in Chinese.

On 10/9/2016 at 4:19 PM, PHYR said:

You can't change languages or translate from a second language back to english because you can't find the languages as they are listed in Chinese.

Why do I have to explain this, the devs are well aware what I'm referring to as they had no problems doing so since google introduced translations and probably with M$ before that!

Pretty simple, just use this translator https://translate.google.com/ instead of the Chinese one.

Hi PHYR, for each version, we have international and Chinese version respectively.

If this issue happens to you, it might be that you are using Chinese version.

So I recommend you download a new package here: http://www.maxthon.com/beta/

May I ask what is your OS language in you PC, is that English?

After installing, you may change the browser language in settings first and then try again the translate tool.

Hope it works. :1f61c:

4 hours ago, Galileusz said:

And why there is no international version of Baidu and Youdao? Maybe I have the wrong version of Mx?

I have set Baidu as my translator engine and at least in psge translations it works from Chinese to English.  I haven't tried it for translating selected text between two languages other thanmy OS and Maxthon default languages.  I've got some testing to do.

<<SL>>

Archived