I LOVE Maxthon 5

I decided to upgrade from 4.9.3.1000 today to version 5.0.1.1700 and I am being honest, I absolutely love it!! You brought back features that I missed [split screen!!!] and I am excited to see all future updates to MX5. I see a lot of people hating on it, but I'm really liking the new quick access page, especially with the ability to use website logos for sites not built in. Most of the sites I added were able to detect the logos, a few didn't but not a big deal.

No hate on my end. I started using Maxthon in 2009 and after seeing MX5, I have no intention to ever switch! Thanks to the developers for all the work you do :)

yea,.1700 is getting it together and fast!

I like how it's handling videos now too...

MUCH NEEDED improvements!

and will get better, I know.
The info box is still somewhat of a mystery though... lol
wish I could just open my favorites OR go to the infobox once I figure out why to use it :) 

I don't like losing space for a favorites bar. I have way too many saved places to make it worth fooling with anyway. Star for direct to favorites would be appreciated

6 hours ago, Golfmann said:

yea,.1700 is getting it together and fast!

I like how it's handling videos now too...

MUCH NEEDED improvements!

and will get better, I know.
The info box is still somewhat of a mystery though... lol
wish I could just open my favorites OR go to the infobox once I figure out why to use it :) 

I don't like losing space for a favorites bar. I have way too many saved places to make it worth fooling with anyway. Star for direct to favorites would be appreciated

There is a star for direct to favorites, if you don't see it as per my image then add it in via the menu.  MaxthonSnap20161004091803.png 

13 hours ago, Paul Corfield said:

There is a star for direct to favorites, if you don't see it as per my image then add it in via the menu.  MaxthonSnap20161004091803.png 

I have that but it does not open the saved favorites folder directly. It adds a step to choose from things I don't want and can get clicking on the icon TO infobox

On 10/4/2016 at 5:50 PM, Golfmann said:

I have that but it does not open the saved favorites folder directly. It adds a step to choose from things I don't want and can get clicking on the icon TO infobox

On the contrary, it does open the Bookmarks folder and any subfolders by simply hovering over them, no click until you are on the bookmark you want.  Very convenient for navigating a folder hierarchy like I have or a bookmark list.  

<<SL>>

9 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

On the contrary, it does open the Bookmarks folder and any subfolders by simply hovering over them, no click until you are on the bookmark you want.  Very convenient for navigating a folder hierarchy like I have or a bookmark list.  

<<SL>>

If you can't see that as two steps, I don't know what to tell you. Thanks so much for correcting me though. I really appreciate your input.

Archived