Missing Show Favorites in Suggestions

MAXSHARK

Yes I was not asking about setting a folder to display on favorite bar.

When you start typing,suggestions appear.In old versions,favorites appeared too if you click on the related setting in the settings.But now,there is no such options and favorites wont appear in address bar.

One more thing,even if you visit a link using favorite bar,it wont be auto-completed.You have to type all address or it wont autocomplete :( 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2016 at 3:08 AM, MAXSHARK said:

Yes I was not asking about setting a folder to display on favorite bar.

When you start typing,suggestions appear.In old versions,favorites appeared too if you click on the related setting in the settings.But now,there is no such options and favorites wont appear in address bar.

One more thing,even if you visit a link using favorite bar,it wont be auto-completed.You have to type all address or it wont autocomplete :( 

Hi AMXSHARK, Sorry that I don't quite understand. Are you referring to these two functions?:(

20161008162839.png

Here the gif shows what I get when I type part of the keywords or the link

type in address bar.gif

4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi AMXSHARK, Sorry that I don't quite understand. Are you referring to these two functions?:(

He has in mind the option from MX4.

Dzis.jpg

Dzis1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2016 at 7:19 PM, BugSir006 said:

Will forward to our test team right now!

Not sure what there is to test?! Seeing as the option isn't available in settings it seems that feature has been removed for the time being. It will no doubt return when the dev's feel they've "fixed" whatever reason they had for removing it.

8 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

Not sure what there is to test?! Seeing as the option isn't available in settings it seems that feature has been removed for the time being. It will no doubt return when the dev's feel they've "fixed" whatever reason they had for removing it.

I don't think it ever was in M5, probably hasn't been added yetr

12 minutes ago, joemax said:

I don't think it ever was in M5, probably hasn't been added yetr

True. But given that the base of MX5 is 4.9... there's a lot of things that seemed to have been stripped only to be coming back one by one.

This is a perfect example. I find it hard to believe that they're completely rewriting that code for whatever reason. But happy to be proven wrong.

If I could be bothered i'd like to have a look at the code and see if it's commented out or actually removed. Either way, it's been removed for a reason.

Just was happy when saw the change log below:

* Smart address bar didn't show favorite items in suggestions

But was disappointed when saw it was not fixed :(

I hope it was by mistake and they will release a minor version tomorrow..

Still,many things left to do.I really don't know what has happened to Maxthon team for the last 2-3 years.Compared to then,so slow progress :(

Hi all, thanks for the discussion here and sorry for the wrong entry in the changelog for version 2200. 

On 10/24/2016 at 5:03 AM, MAXSHARK said:

* Smart address bar didn't show favorite items in suggestions

Sorry that this function has not been added yet, since the new Maxnote is totally different from the preview favorites in MX4. And the inner logic is quite different, so our two product managers still have to discuss it and try to draft a solution for it. But they have assessed this request, it's quite necessary to add this function again. So, all members here, please stay tuned. :1f60a:

On 25.10.2016 at 11:56 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi all, thanks for the discussion here and sorry for the wrong entry in the changelog for version 2200. 

Sorry that this function has not been added yet, since the new Maxnote is totally different from the preview favorites in MX4. And the inner logic is quite different, so our two product managers still have to discuss it and try to draft a solution for it. But they have assessed this demand, it's quite necessary to add this function again. So, all members here, please stay tuned. :1f60a:

Thanks @BugSir006

I'm looking forward to hearing good news from you soon :) 

• 1 month later...

Hi MAXSHARK, thanks for the follow-up! Product managers agree that this is a nice feature to add back. While they run into a little trouble since the whole logic of Maxnote. Once they research out how to deal with the data in Maxnote then they'll begin the develop phase. Thanks very much for your attention! It is because of users like you that Maxthon can become better and better!

Archived