My Antivirus always says this browser is not safe.

elijah77a

Hello,

when i use your browser always got problem and says this browser is not safe and has virus. my Antivirus was bitdefender and in new pc with Kaspersky i have same error. I want to know whats wrong is it? and it's related to my Antivirus or your browser.

Even when i want install has this problem to, and never let me to install your browser.

Thanks,

Elijah

31 minutes ago, elijah77a said:

Hello,

when i use your browser always got problem and says this browser is not safe and has virus. my Antivirus was bitdefender and in new pc with Kaspersky i have same error. I want to know whats wrong is it? and it's related to my Antivirus or your browser.

Even when i want install has this problem to, and never let me to install your browser.

Thanks,

Elijah

Hi there.

It's probably caused by this case http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/20197-maxthon-spies-on-its-users/&page=1

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/20208-security-and-privacy-are-top-priorities-at-maxthon/

After that a lot of AV companies have flagged Maxthon as a spyware software.

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Elijah, could you give us a screenshot about the popup message? Or does this issue happen when you open specific websites?

Doris

This is happening all the time, from the time affair with Exatel.

2016-09-14.jpg

As the problem has been solved, you'd have to get in touch with the producers of anti-virus programs in order to remove MX5 from threats database.

1 hour ago, Galileusz said:

This is happening all the time, from the time affair with Exatel.

As the problem has been solved, you'd have to get in touch with the producers of anti-virus programs in order to remove MX5 from threats database.

It has been reported long time ago to Mx staff by me... And still nothing changed...

MaxthonSnap20160914122047.png

If history is any indication it is probably a false positive. Best to contact ESS and have them fix it.

3 hours ago, Galileusz said:

On 13.09.2016 at 5:59 PM, elijah77a said:

I think this is because of UEIP.dll
Use Google (or something else) and find articles about Exatel and Fidelis reports. 

On 14.09.2016 at 4:54 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi Elijah, could you give us a screenshot about the popup message? Or does this issue happen when you open specific websites?

Do you remember me (because you know me). I gave you a lot of screenshots. And I can do it again if you really need.
Your reputation is only your problems. Jeff so often talks, that "MX in small company, MX is unpopular and MX does not have money for PR", but you does not try to keep your reputation! Now you have to make hot fixes for all (!) versions of your browser (MX2, MX3, MX4, MX 4.9 and MX5) and associated with security companies. If they will confirm that MX is absolutely safe, you have a chance. Remember that MX5 will be released very soon and you need to repair you privecy!

On 14.09.2016 at 7:09 PM, Galileusz said:

Nobody will remove MX from "unwanted soft" just because MX ask for this. If MX really fix all issues, maybe. But I don't think that antivirus developers are intrested in this. Why they have to wait? That's not their problem. They warned their users about danger. And they did their work good. This is MX problem.

On 14.09.2016 at 8:26 PM, magg said:

It has been reported long time ago to Mx staff by me... And still nothing changed...

I have the same screenshots with "viruses" in MX many years ago. But now antiviruses developers add MX in unwanted soft precisely because of UEIP.

On 14.09.2016 at 9:19 PM, baerjo said:

I've had a variety of AV's (Windows Defender, Avast!, BitDefender, etc...) and have never had that message come up.

This is really strange and I really surprised. Because of Avast. As I know Avast was the first antivirus, that began to call MX dangerous. Many years ago and in Russia and CIS.

26 minutes ago, A.S. said:

I gave you a lot of screenshots. And I can do it again if you really need.

Hi A.S. We've have enough screenshots by now. Will contact you if I need more, really thanks.

27 minutes ago, A.S. said:

Because of Avast. As I know Avast was the first antivirus,

Thanks for this additional information. 

Archived