UI suggestion - add space above tabs to move window

Honza K.

Generally I like new UI of MX5, there are just few minor things I fight with. The most "annoying" is that tabs completely cover title bar and the only area I can drag and move MX5 window is free space between tabs and minimize button. Makes it uncomfy and when title bar is covered by tabs completely, there is almost no way how to move....

May we have some option in settings like "add extra space between tab and window border"?? Can be few pixels...

Thanks

3 hours ago, Honza K. said:

Generally I like new UI of MX5, there are just few minor things I fight with. The most "annoying" is that tabs completely cover title bar and the only area I can drag and move MX5 window is free space between tabs and minimize button. Makes it uncomfy and when title bar is covered by tabs completely, there is almost no way how to move....

May we have some option in settings like "add extra space between tab and window border"?? Can be few pixels...

Thanks

easy enough to move everything down but without skin support it would be lost at each update - and i would suggest I or anybody else who posted the mod would not support it - I certainly would not - if you want it then look into modding one setting in 0.dat

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

I actually prefer the tabs to be nice and flush with the top of the screen like they currently are. Maybe they could have an option like I think FFox used to have where you could use the OS's window management (which would give you the bar at the top for clicking and dragging) or use the browser's regular handling of it thereby giving you the flush fit. 

Another option is to not maximize the window but just drag the window so it's large enough that it's almost the same thing. In that case you'll have the gap between the tabs and the top of the screen. Same was true in MX4.

20 hours ago, baerjo said:

Another option is to not maximize the window but just drag the window so it's large enough that it's almost the same thing. In that case you'll have the gap between the tabs and the top of the screen. Same was true in MX4.

Not sure if I have some strange version of windows but here is what I see... Have 4k monitor and I want having more windows opened.. Also I want to arrange windows often and for this it is quite inconvenient that I can drag only on small area on right side...

2016-09-16_02.png

thats as they have it set - have played with moving the tabs down and that does not help as the space created does not allow the window to be moved - the area you show may be able to be increased by stopping the tab run further to the left - but until they add the facility for skins to be added easily its all a bit pointless as each update will overwrite any mods

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Archived