Quick access - lost them all

Yesterday my internet provider had done some planned maintenance overnight and whilst my internet was working by the morning, the connection was very bad with loads of packet loss. When I opened MX5 yesterday morning it would not sign me in to my Maxthon account. I closed the browser down until the internet was better. When I opened MX5 later on, I found that has lost all of my quick access links which numbered around 30 to 40. In infobox I tried to import local data from MX4 which it says will import quick access but nothing is imported. Any ideas how to get them back without doing a fresh install?

Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help and sorry for my late reply. I've used Maxthon for a number of years but last week I did a very bad thing and switched to the dark side (firerfox). Using firefox session managers I can get some of the old MX4 functionality but for me, the stuff that was great in MX4 is missing in firefox and MX5. I'm annoyed with MX5, there's no about:last and now I've lost all my quick access tabs. The methods you showed did not get my quick access tabs back. I also tried uninstalling MX5 and then reinstalled it. During installation it says that all my MX4 stuff will be imported and while it imports all my bookmarks it does not restore the quick access. It's a shame it can't just be done via the sync, that would be a nice simple solution. :-( 

Thanks, I look forward to trying that. Still on version M5.0.1.1200 here. When will 1500 be available? I see it's listed in the download section but the link downloads the older 1200 version.

Still can't get my quick access tabs to import from MX4 which is annoying as it did it ok the first time I installed MX5. 

2 hours ago, PHYR said:

In M5 it's called last-visit accessed with "mx://last-visit/".(if you are using M5.0.1.1500)

1 hour ago, Paul Corfield said:

Thanks, I look forward to trying that. Still on version M5.0.1.1200 here. When will 1500 be available? I see it's listed in the download section but the link downloads the older 1200 version.

Still can't get my quick access tabs to import from MX4 which is annoying as it did it ok the first time I installed MX5. 

52 minutes ago, Chantao said:

1500: Where you do see it? clear.pnghuh.gif 

Maxthon 5.0.1.1500 is an internal test version and it's not available for download for normal/ common users.

Please stay tune for official release.

On 2016/9/20 at 4:18 PM, Paul Corfield said:

Thanks for your help and sorry for my late reply. I've used Maxthon for a number of years but last week I did a very bad thing and switched to the dark side (firerfox). Using firefox session managers I can get some of the old MX4 functionality but for me, the stuff that was great in MX4 is missing in firefox and MX5. I'm annoyed with MX5, there's no about:last and now I've lost all my quick access tabs. The methods you showed did not get my quick access tabs back. I also tried uninstalling MX5 and then reinstalled it. During installation it says that all my MX4 stuff will be imported and while it imports all my bookmarks it does not restore the quick access. It's a shame it can't just be done via the sync, that would be a nice simple solution. :-( 

Hi Paul,

It hurts when you said you turned to the dark side. I hate that MX5 beta is not good enough to make you stay.

But I still want a chance from you. Because we are still working on it, we plan to release a new beta next week with a brand new QA inbuilt. 

As for the issue (lost all QA), may I ask are you using MX4 and MX5 at the same time?

If yes, new data added in MX4 may fail to import to MX5, cause this two version apply different database.

On 22/09/2016 at 9:14 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi Paul,

It hurts when you said you turned to the dark side. I hate that MX5 beta is not good enough to make you stay.

But I still want a chance from you. Because we are still working on it, we plan to release a new beta next week with a brand new QA inbuilt. 

As for the issue (lost all QA), may I ask are you using MX4 and MX5 at the same time?

If yes, new data added in MX4 may fail to import to MX5, cause this two version apply different database.

It's always been my intention to return, once MX5 had the really good stuff from MX4 implemented. I'm glad to see the new v5.0.1.1700 has the last session feature working now. :)

I still can't get my MX4 quick access to import into MX5. Today I uninstalled my old v5.0.1.1200 MX5 using Revo Uninstaller and it does a really thorough uninstall of everything including the registry entries too. I then installed the new MX5 without MX4 running and when MX5 opened it said there were MX4 things found that could be imported. It imports all my bookmarks but not my QA buttons. I'll just have to remake them all and hope that they don't get lost again. For now I shall return to MX5, didn't like firefox anyway. :wink:

Paul.

This morning I tried importing my Quick Access tabs into MX5 and it worked. I hadn't opened MX4 yet today so maybe that has something to do with it. Other times that I tried in the past I'd had MX4 open at some point during the day although I had closed before opening MX5. On those times the import hadn't worked. All is good now but I found an infobox bug which I will start a new thread for.

Paul.

Archived