MX5 Open last session on startup problem

In the settings in MX5 I have selected 'Open on startup - Last session'. What exactly is this supposed to do, is it supposed to do the same as MX4? With open last session selected, whenever I start MX5 all I get is a single blank tab with no reference to my last session. I know I can open a new tab and then select the 'last session' tab that is next to the 'my favorites' tab. That is not much use as it only stores the tabs used in the previous session. It does this whether I choose to open last session in settings or whether I choose any of the other options. MX4 would keep adding to the list, session after session until you decide to delete them which is much better.

In MX4 I have selected 'open last session on startup' and each time MX4 opens, a page called about:last will appear which I use extensively as part of my business. It is a great big long list of tabs and every time I close MX4 it will add any new open tabs to that list. It's great to use as a type of temporary favorites, like a list of tabs that I want to reference for a week or two but not keep permanently in my favorites folder. Sometimes as a back up I will open all the tabs in the MX4 about:last list and save them all as a single session in the favorites, just to keep for future use.

Paul. 

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the confusion caused. 

In MX5, we've totally changed our UI, and the last session is currently in New Tab page, see the atteached picture.

lsat session.png

And this function is still under development. After we complete the development,

when you choose "open last session on startup", everytime you start your browser, the focus will turn to "last session" in new tab page. There is also an "open all" option there.

Thanks for your reply.

In the future developments will MX5 store all old last sessions in the same way that MX4 does and just keep adding to the list every day rather than delete any unopened last session tabs that aren't opened? If not then I will have to stick with MX4 because the old way was much better. At the end of each day when I switch my computer off I close all the tabs I'm not interested in and I just keep open the about:last tab along with any tabs that I want to keep. When I close the browser those remaining open tabs are tagged onto the about:last list. Next time MX4 opens then the about:last tab is the one that I set to open first. I go down the list and only open all the tabs that I need that particular day which is really handy. There's links on my about:last list that might have been there for weeks that I don't need to have open every day, maybe just once per week but they are always saved at the end of each day whether I open them or not. 

Currently in MX5 I have to remember to keep opening the last session which could amount to 50 or more tabs having to be loaded every time I open MX5. I may only need 4 or 5 of those tabs open on my next session but I have to open them all just so I don't lose them.

Paul. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016/9/8 at 0:01 AM, Paul Corfield said:

In the future developments will MX5 store all old last sessions in the same way that MX4 does

Hi Paul, actually it will. Our newest internal version has brought the old last session back. So please stay tuned and look forward to our next public release. 

Thank you again Paul. :1f60a:

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Paul, actually it will. Our newest internal version has brought the old last session back. So please stay tuned and look forward to our next public release. 

Thank you again Paul. :1f60a:

Lastsession feature in Maxthon 5.0 for Android is removed or not working at All??? :aggravated:too, why?????? 

The solution I have found to the last session problem that Maxthon 5 has is to use Maxthon 4. I find Maxthon 4 easier to use and have found Maxthon 5 Infobox awkward and Passkeeper and UUmail un-necessary. My suggestion is to drop Maxthon 5 for Maxthon 4, it's works well and is easier to use.

3 hours ago, dagoz said:

The solution I have found to the last session problem that Maxthon 5 has is to use Maxthon 4. I find Maxthon 4 easier to use and have found Maxthon 5 Infobox awkward and Passkeeper and UUmail un-necessary. My suggestion is to drop Maxthon 5 for Maxthon 4, it's works well and is easier to use.

Maxthon 4 is like Maxthon 5 full of unknown bugs or issues also last session in Mx 4 isnot working too, chrome and firefox are best in last session it's impossible u miss any opened pages at next restart up if the browsers be closed 

in my idea, Maxthon 5 is good but some changes r required 

Lastsession should be fixed

upload should be fixed

pages tabs are awfulin mx5 user has no any control on it especially for popup ads pages and it might close main page wrongly instead of ads unwanted popups

Maxthon 4 last session seems to work fine for me and Maxthon 4 has a much better layout than MX5 which is difficult to save bookmarks with and has unnecessary features like Passkeeper and UUmail. 

I use Chrome as my secondary browser, but find it tp be very slow in compaison to Maxthon 4 and have never really liked Firefox, but thanks for the reply.

1 hour ago, dagoz said:

Maxthon 4 last session seems to work fine for me and Maxthon 4 has a much better layout than MX5 which is difficult to save bookmarks with and has unnecessary features like Passkeeper and UUmail. 

I use Chrome as my secondary browser, but find it tp be very slow in compaison to Maxthon 4 and have never really liked Firefox, but thanks for the reply.

Would you please catch a snapshot from your last session in Maxthon? 

What's Android version? 

What's your device brand? 

Thnx

Archived