MX V 5.0.1.1200... same old

abkoshi

I am using V 5.0.1.1200, the new version. I had a tough time synching my saved passwords from version V 5.0.1.500. I don’t find any notable change in appearance or functions in this new version. My primary concern is about the Quick Access and it is not solved. I waste a lot of time searching in the quick access for a link. Now I keep all those links in a special folder with my Bookmarks which are a lot easier.

The only reason I’m using Maxthon now is its support for Java and the sky notes. Quick Access was my greatest attraction and I m forced to search new browsers and I have located one, Vivaldi, but I don’t find any cloud functions there. But still I have started using it because I can make as many Quick Access folders!

Please bring the old QA back.

1 hour ago, abkoshi said:

I am using V 5.0.1.1200, the new version. I had a tough time synching my saved passwords from version V 5.0.1.500. I don’t find any notable change in appearance or functions in this new version. My primary concern is about the Quick Access and it is not solved. I waste a lot of time searching in the quick access for a link. Now I keep all those links in a special folder with my Bookmarks which are a lot easier.

The only reason I’m using Maxthon now is its support for Java and the sky notes. Quick Access was my greatest attraction and I m forced to search new browsers and I have located one, Vivaldi, but I don’t find any cloud functions there. But still I have started using it because I can make as many Quick Access folders!

Please bring the old QA back.

qa will be improved : see here 

sigmax2.png

6 hours ago, -ody- said:

qa will be improved : see here 

This post is from 3 august, now is 4 september. QA is most wanted feature and still not usable. In a past month we see the picture with new QA, but only for chinese version of Maxthon. When we can get this version?

The new version actually breaks the QA for me on a WIN7 64bit. The performance is worst than the previous version and compared with the first release is getting worse with each update. On win10 64bit it's a little bit better, but still is getting worse. Info Box is bugged, it's usability is small and generally I find it annoying. Password manager seems to be better than the MX4. 

From second beta version it seems that the user is unable to connect to the server, although it seems to sync fine...So no picture, no relevant data in the user top left area. 

You cannot drag and drop links straight to the tab bar. The annoying address bar changes position on new tab, there is no quick add function to add webpages straight to quick access. Streaming webpages (youtube, soundcloud) seem to refresh automatically when changing tabs. 

One annoying thing in Infobox is trying to open a link...it does not work, or it's random...while this is the Beta for, it seems like you decide to fire all the testing team :) as they are unable find obvious bugs and broken features.

New tab page is blank, only with the search, my favorites and last session appearing. in the left corner there's a  javascrip:void(0).

The browser freezes everytime when browsing to the point where it needs to be closed and opened as all the content in the webpages becomes unclickable.

I would have implemented a quick bug capture tool that gets all the stats of the browser at that specific point...but that's just me.

The actual version 1.1200 brakes the last version, with zero improvements from my point of view.

Archived