Latest Beta - Export Bookmarks ?

Alright so you have hundreds of people complaining that they can't export bookmarks... Threads upon threads of the same topic and how managing bookmarks is a difficult thing to do and nothing gets changed ?

I wonder how many more annoyed users will once again pop up complaining of the bookmarks problem and how they can't export...

He reminds me in many ways and the old Opera versions, at a time when Opera was not yet a Chrome browser. If you have created short-cuts of individual files, so you can come up with right-click directly in the Folders, whereas it does not always work exactly with Folders and right-click.

Now we have the version V 5.0.1.1200 and finally work again all Extensions. Only I still miss the Export Bookmarks function. On the other hand reminds me of the MX5 to the Opera yesteryear. Or even to the Chrome-based, which has so far not yet been brought to the export. There can, however, compensate for about Xmarks.

And I think that there will be no more long time this popular export function. It is for the developer probably not norwendig, he is supposed to be our only user browser.

With the almost 500 bookmarks I have, doing that would be a day job for me.

All major browsers now a days have a export function I don't see why Maxthon5 should be any different...
If maxthon vanishes then we all loose our bookmarks, at least give us the ability to export them and keep them on our own devices

5-1200 is the handling much better than the previous. Extensions almost all work again, Edit functions on the shortcut bar function. is I think that the export function with the next update to be in October. 2016? Yes, I hope so. Me: 3800 Bookmarks 

What still bothers me: I want to delete 1000 Records suddenly. It is when I import my new bookmarks from another browser, then I have the old always delete in quantities of 200 pieces.

Since my last post I have been playing around with Maxthon a bit, I like the fact that one doesn't have to goto the infobox to delete bookmarks that is very user-friendly.

What do you mean you want to delete 1000 records suddenly ?... as in 1000 bookmarks ?

Lets see if I understand you sir, I can tell by your typing that english isn't your first language and that's fine...
So when you import new bookmarks from another browser then the old links delete by 200 bookmarks at a time ? am I right ?
If I am right then it could be that maxthon is setup to delete all bookmarks when importing new ones... but I'm just guessing

I have uninstalled MX5 clean, but all bookmarks are back if you have installed new. I want to delete bookmarks groups (importing new bookmarks is now unimportant). Now, if in a group are more than 200 records you get when trying to delete this an error. Less than 200 records you can delete without error. (1 saved link in a folder = 1 Record.

bookmarks.png

I'm sorry I don't understand what you're saying! Prior toMX  5.0.1.1200. you had to sign into an account on the Cloud which synched automatically. It doesn't function correctly if you have a slow internet connection or if you want to delete large folders of favorites. It may work better if you switch off auto sync but I haven't tried.  You will have to sync manually by pressing the button in Infobox. With the guest account you favorites are stored locally and not on the cloud, therefore they can't be synched even though there is a button in the Infobox.

3 hours ago, kenniekayoz said:

guys lets stay on topic... the main reason for the post was to state that we can't export our bookmarks and some of us want that feature

@Chantao's issue is actually something new to discuss, though.

As you mentioned in your original post, there are many threads of users demanding the ability to mass-export bookmarks from Infobox and at least one instance of Jeff saying it's on the slate.  Creating more threads doesn't create more demand; it just makes the forum harder to use for those who are looking for updates on bugs and feature requests of interest to them.

Also remember:  Maxthon 5 is still in beta, and it's a young beta at that.  (It only left alpha a few weeks ago.)  If you need features that aren't there yet, simply use another browser until this one's software development cycle reaches the fully matured release stage.

14 hours ago, Secret-HQ said:

@Chantao's issue is actually something new to discuss, though.

Also remember:  Maxthon 5 is still in beta, and it's a young beta at that.  (It only left alpha a few weeks ago.)  If you need features that aren't there yet, simply use another browser until this one's software development cycle reaches the fully matured release stage.

I would gladly jump to a different browser to use as a primary browser but you see I have a slight problem with that... My wife loves adding reciepe's to bookmarks and if I add another browser she's going to start doing that on the other browser then by the time I can export the bookmarks from maxthon5 I'll have to try and configure stuff so all links will be in one browser rather than have links over the course of two browsers.
So it's just making life more difficult for me since with all the talk I figure it would be a priority so that those few who are stuck using mx5 with the many bugs/problems can walk away from it till its official.
But as you can see for me it's not possible

1 minute ago, kenniekayoz said:

@Secret-HQ yes I'm aware of being able to export one at a time, however I currently have over 500 and the list keeps growing... so doing it one at a time isn't the greatest option nor the easiest

thought I remembered you saying that in another thread, but I wasn't sure.  :(

Dumb question, perhaps, but did you bookmark all 500 of those in MX5, or did some come from a previous browser?  Would it be feasible to export the originals en masse from the original browser and the new ones individually from Mx5, then import them all into a day-to-day browser?

I had MX4 prior to this, it would be cool of the 4 bookmarks would sync with 5 and also the reverse... but sadly the mx5 bookmarks don't sync back to 4 otherwise I wouldn't have this problem.
 I don't remember how many bookmarks I've added since changing up 

Or am I mistaken and do things sync from 4 to 5 and from 5 to 4 ?

On 9/5/2016 at 10:33 PM, kenniekayoz said:

Or am I mistaken and do things sync from 4 to 5 and from 5 to 4 ?

I'm afraid you've got it spot-on, as far as I can tell. :(

I don't remember how many bookmarks I've added since changing up 

If they're all in relatively few folders, you might be able to use Reverse sort records by created to get at them (relatively) easily.

Maxthon5_Infobox_SortingRecordsColumns.p

Archived