Search results will not open in a new tab mx5

16 minutes ago, Galileusz said:

Check your option Menu / General / New tab action / Open a new tab from adress bar

Thank you. I checked. do not be checked.

14 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Maybe you can open a new tab first, and then preform search.

Menu / General / New tab action / Open a new tab from adress bar

Switching search engines have not buggy (V 5.0.1.500)?

20 minutes ago, caligula73 said:

Switching search engines have not buggy?

yep I also checked that and it's a bug. Before that I thought that comes to searching from a bar (it works). But after a while I saw that it is about expandable strip search engines.  :arf:

15 minutes ago, Galileusz said:

yep I also checked that and it's a bug. Before that I thought that comes to searching from a bar (it works). But after a while I saw that it is about expandable strip search engines.  :arf:

search engine alias issues (if it's what you mean) is fixed in internal test versions

sigmax2.png

8 hours ago, caligula73 said:

Search results should open in a new tab. but this does not happen.

I found some solution with this search engines problem in the new tab (video included). :D  You have to type in the phrase, choose "Maxthon Multi Search" and click Enter. The "Open a new tab from adress bar" option must be selected.

recording 18.25.mp4

45_32-.jpg

1 hour ago, Galileusz said:

At the moment the only one sensible solution :wink: And I also hope that this bug will be solved in new version.

I don't understand your problem... when I type a word into address bar (1st screen shot, 2 tabs), it opens  a new tab (2nd screenshot, 3tabs) 

search1.png

search 2.png

sigmax2.png

22 minutes ago, -ody- said:

I don't understand your problem... when I type a word into address bar (1st screen shot, 2 tabs), it opens  a new tab (2nd screenshot, 3tabs) 

search1.png

Right, there is no problem, about which I wrote at the beginning of this thread. Whereas, caligula73 had in mind a drop-down list of search
engines. Bat when you click on any of this there is no reaction. I showed him how to do it in a different way.

I don't know why it doesn't work for him, it works just fine for me.  I type in a word in the Address Bar, click on the "search" icon at the left end of the Address Bar, choose a different search engine than my default and it uses that new search engine that I selected.  Tried several times and it worked each and every time.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

57 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

I don't know why it doesn't work for him, it works just fine for me.  I type in a word in the Address Bar, click on the "search" icon at the left end of the Address Bar, choose a different search engine than my default and it uses that new search engine that I selected.  Tried several times and it worked each and every time.

You're right. For me, it works well too. Multi-Search which I I instructed him is comfortable. I do not know why he insists on this, looking
for holes in the whole.

2 hours ago, Galileusz said:

You're right. For me, it works well too. Multi-Search which I I instructed him is comfortable. I do not know why he insists on this, looking
for holes in the whole.

Yes, I tried Multi-Search, Wikipedia, CNNReviews, Amazon and they all worked flawlessly

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

4 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Yes, I tried Multi-Search, Wikipedia, CNNReviews, Amazon and they all worked flawlessly

11 hours ago, caligula73 said:

It is not the solution. it is a crutch :)
I hope that in the new beta this problem will be solved...

a very convenient way to switch search engines is to use aliases (there's a bug in the latest public version which is fixed in internal test versions) :

alias.png

sigmax2.png

Archived