Improve MX5 mobile browser with us

Hi dear Maxers,

Thank you all for walking along with us through Alpha and Beta version. Lots of meaningful feedback and suggestions are collected. Our PC version has improved a lot and become better with the help from each single of you.

Now, a brand new MOBILE version is also on its way. So today we sincerely invite you to participate in a short online survey on mobile browsers. This survey will be applied to our research on and development of Maxthon’s next mobile browser only.

It contains 9 questions in total, will cost you less than 3 minutes. Your 3-minutes contribution and share to friends will greatly help to redefine the next generation mobile browser. We are engaged in making your dream mobile browser come true. Thank you all in advance for your time and efforts!

Here is the survey link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XVBY8TD

Bitmap11.jpg

Any suggestions and feedback are welcome to post here as well.

Best Regards,

Maxthon Community

2 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

And when is Maxthon again going to support Windows Phones?

add blackberry's to that - as far as developers are concerned the world revolves around apple and andriod systems - i guess thats where the volume is but there are other systems just as there are for pcs which are also ignored

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

and while I'm here, Increasing and decreasing zoom by increments of 10% was perfect, but by steps of 10%, then 25%, then 50% is disappointing. I don't understand why this was changed and to such a useless amount. Could we please have the old version back, or better still a choice between the two.

Hi everyone, thanks for your attention and participating. 

As for WP and blackberry version, we currently do not has this plan. All our team members are focusing on the development of MX5 on Windows, Mac, Android and iOS now. Maybe we will do a survey later to see the number of WP and blackberry users and then make a decision. So please stay tuned. 

On 2016/8/29 at 6:33 PM, martinstz said:

Why new MX5 for android not support landscape view?! This make the browser unusable for me.

Hi martinstz, thanks for your feedback, actually we are developing this function for next stage release. Won't let you down:wink:

24 minutes ago, AlfaPrime said:

I want to be able to share web pages (adroid push) with the desktop like the old browser and not use infobox.

Yea. Actually "Send to cloud" feature was much more convenient to use when you want to look the page, opened on smartphone, on PC. For now, I have to add it to infobox (that's OK, 2 clicks), then open Infobox on PC, find the added link, open it and delete it. And that's a bit long way, and it requires me to remember the caption of the page, because it's added not at the end of list for some reason. Though, I could add some forder for such shares, then I have to open Infobox and move to this folder, open link and delete the item. 4 clicks. On MX4 is was just 2 clicks on Android - and the page opens on selected PC browser. Now needs 6...

22 hours ago, Kreator-2 said:

Yea. Actually "Send to cloud" feature was much more convenient to use when you want to look the page, opened on smartphone, on PC. For now, I have to add it to infobox (that's OK, 2 clicks), then open Infobox on PC, find the added link, open it and delete it. And that's a bit long way, and it requires me to remember the caption of the page, because it's added not at the end of list for some reason. Though, I could add some forder for such shares, then I have to open Infobox and move to this folder, open link and delete the item. 4 clicks. On MX4 is was just 2 clicks on Android - and the page opens on selected PC browser. Now needs 6...

Hi Kreator-2 and @AlfaPrime I've forwarded your suggestions to our product team. And I highly recommend you to post your voice here:http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/forum/110-mx5-beta-version/

where other members can vote for you.:wink:

MX5 user voice.png

• 2 weeks later...

My remarks for Android version of MX5:

1. Please avoid creating temporary files on the root storage folder. This folder exists even after removing the app. Use Maxthon's own folder instead. It even 

2. Put downloaded files (those that the user chose to download) into the designated downloads folder. Not something special of Maxthon.

3. Set the targetSdk to the max (currently 24 - Android 7) . Make Maxthon modern Material design. There is no reason to stay so much behind. Seeing the huge permissions list is a bad thing to notice when installing it Starting from Android 6, all permissions are granted at runtime or automatically. 

4. UI is weird. The tabs button at the top seems like of chrome, but it functions the opposite direction (up-down to close, left-right to scroll, while on chrome it's the opposite). I also can't find how to create a new tab. There is no button for it. Only Maxthon button, which isn't intuitive to create a new tab (Maxthon is the web browser logo, not an action). This is against the material design guidelines.
https://material.google.com/

5. Why do I always have to have the bottom bar, no matter what I do? Even the top bar should be hidden on some cases, like when I scroll down, because the user is probably continue reading and tries to search something on his own.

6. Bring features from Maxthon on PC. That's what makes it unique. Built in ad blocking (including way to block what we choose, with rules etc...), downloading of found content (videos, images,...), addons, ...
Otherwise, what makes it better than the rest of the web browsers?

7. Many UI components aren't native. This makes the experience really bad. Settings screen is completely IOS style, instead of Android Style. It even barely responds to touches by having a ripple effect on them. History screen has a useless bar beneath the Action bar, instead of having the search inside the action bar. Checkboxes aren't clickable on their texts, only on their tiny checkbox. Even the share button doesn't look like on Android ...
See here:
https://developer.android.com/design/patterns/pure-android.html

• 2 weeks later...

Really like the android version of Maxthon 5 and while I have criticisms I know it will only get better from looking at feedback etc. But the current latest version crashes so often now its a pain when you have to go back to the old version or chrome. Hope the team focuses on getting it working before adding new features and look forward to the next release.

19 hours ago, aglaidson said:

Can you add a button to close Maxthon in the menu button?

When MX is configured to close and minimize to tray, the unique option to close is: right button on  system tray then exit.

I agree. But RMB on tray icon is not the only way to exit. Another way is hotkey - add something usual to exit MX - Alt+X, Alt+Q, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+Q or something else, that is mostly used in other programs.

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Devil208 said:

Hi. This is an image of how looks mx5 on my iphone 4S. This white line at the bottom of the screen - what is it? I can't use your browser because this line. Fix it, please. iOS 9.image.png

Hi Devil208, thanks for your feedback, thanks for the screenshot and the detailed information. I'll forward it to our test team for further investigation. Will give you a result soon. BTW, could you please tell us which version are you using?

On 9 октября 2016 г. at 2:43 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi Devil208, thanks for your feedback, thanks for the screenshot and the detailed information. I'll forward it to our test team for further investigation. Will give you a result soon. BTW, could you please tell us which version are you using?

When i press "about maxthon" button then i see on my screen an inscription which tells me that i use v. 5.00 (71). In the App Store i see that the last version of mx5 is 5.0.2000. This problem is on all version of mx5 for iphone 4s.

I'm russian so there may be some mistakes in the message. But i think that you will understand me :)

13 hours ago, Devil208 said:

When i press "about maxthon" button then i see on my screen an inscription which tells me that i use v. 5.00 (71). In the App Store i see that the last version of mx5 is 5.0.2000. This problem is on all version of mx5 for iphone 4s.

I'm russian so there may be some mistakes in the message. But i think that you will understand me

Yes, dear. I understand you, and the information is quite helpful. Thanks.

Our testers are looking into it now.:1f60b:

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Yes, dear. I understand you, and the information is quite helpful. Thanks.

Our testers are looking into it now.:1f60b:

Very good. Thanks. I thought that i will never use that browser until final version. Then I remembered that my favorite browser ever has a forum. And now I'm glad.

Archived