[bug] undesired autorefresh

Arcan

When I let a tab open for one day (maybe after I sleep my computer?) , I don't know how, but at some point it happens that everytime I click any tab that has been open for long time, it autorefreshes.  Everytime I change tab, if I go back to the tab(s) with the problem, they autorefresh no matter what. 

It is not an issue I have ran into in previous versions, even the previous version of the 5 beta, it just started with the 5.0.1.500 version.

Switching tabs actively does not cause the problem to occur, it happens if you leave a tab, then come back after some unknown time (usually 15 minutes will do it for any tab, but have seen it happen in ~5 minutes sometimes), it will refresh.

I'm assuming it is something like unloading "inactive" pages to help with performance or crashing? Though it still crashes plenty with the Last Session always being the set of pages that were open around the time when I did the update to 5.0.1.500

I'm having the same problem, too.

This isn't just a little annoying... it's a LOT annoying.

May even cause me to switch my default browser for the first time in about 5 years. :(

I'm running Win 10, and it's happening on both my desktop and my laptop. (One is Win 10 home, the other is Win 10 Pro)

I hadn't experienced this problem with any previous versions of Maxthon.

On 24/8/2016 at 3:05 AM, Shrander said:

It is not an issue I have ran into in previous versions, even the previous version of the 5 beta, it just started with the 5.0.1.500 version.

Switching tabs actively does not cause the problem to occur, it happens if you leave a tab, then come back after some unknown time (usually 15 minutes will do it for any tab, but have seen it happen in ~5 minutes sometimes), it will refresh.

I'm assuming it is something like unloading "inactive" pages to help with performance or crashing? Though it still crashes plenty with the Last Session always being the set of pages that were open around the time when I did the update to 5.0.1.500

correct, that sounds like the same issue. 

On 24/8/2016 at 8:59 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi Arcan, thanks for reporting here and sorry for the issue. Does this issue happens everytime when you produce the same operation? And may I ask what is your computer system?

These information may help our testers to reproduce this issue quickly.:wink:

Yes, this happened more than once. 
I am using Windows 10 Home (I attach you my system details in case it might help) 

I am advanced user (computer engineering) and I have been using Maxthon since the release of MyIE2 , so let me know how can I help you. 

system.txt

On 2016/8/27 at 8:51 PM, Arcan said:

Yes, this happened more than once. 
I am using Windows 10 Home (I attach you my system details in case it might help) 

I am advanced user (computer engineering) and I have been using Maxthon since the release of MyIE2 , so let me know how can I help you. 

Hi Arcan, thanks for your reply and information provided. I've forward this to our developers to see how this issue is caused and how it can be fixed. Will tell to the result here later:)

Archived