Few problems / WebRTC issue

14 hours ago, fOrTune(r) said:

That's sad. We must have this possibility, like in other browsers.

Why?  What's the problem?  I ereally do not understand.  Does WebRTC suddenly intrude?  That would be bad if you didn't actively make it happen.

<<SL>>

23 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

Why?  What's the problem?  I ereally do not understand.  Does WebRTC suddenly intrude?  That would be bad if you didn't actively make it happen.

<<SL>>

Just google about WebRTC - people ask how to take it off, because it unhide your real IP and other things when you use TOR or proxies or VPN and so on.

6 minutes ago, bricky149 said:

Out of all Chromium browsers, Opera is the only one which offers control over WebRTC. Firefox has had the option since forever, sort of (it's in about:config).

Slimjet also :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Namely Mx 5 has leak through WebRTC. You can see all of my network addresses :devil: I like Mx but it is not acceptable for me. It's probably the only one web browser that is not protected against this threat. In other can be changed in the options or by extension. @BugSir006 @MaxthonJeffYou Fix it finally. In the MX4 is fine.

DNS Detect                                               

Maxthon 5  2016-08-22 IP_DNS Detect1.jpg

Maxthon 4  2016-08-22 IP_DNS Detect.jpg

2. Nor MX4 or MX5 does not display the public ip, when I connect through a virtual private network.

2016-08-22.jpg

3. The extension ViolentMonkey loads, but scripts do not work. Any ideas?

Nobody has a similar problem? Congratulations.

And no one is interested, that leakage of WebCT can lead to attack on your computer? I am surprised, especially after that how many you wrote about the leak ueip. This problem is more dangerous. Heh I'm still waiting for some hint. :tap:

P.S. @BugSir006, Is it possible count on a substantive answer?

I thought that the administrators of this forum are here so as to help others. But I don't see any response. Is it so difficult to write a
few words? Even out of respect for the members of this community !!! I have to write about yourself? :( Do I have to write alone to myself? 

1 hour ago, Galileusz said:

I thought that the administrators of this forum are here so as to help others.

Yes, for stuff we know about. I have no idea about WebRTC and the only thing i can offer is wait for MX staff to reply. But that's not going to help you either... so the outcome of this post is useless.

On top of that you posted a reply less than 12 hours after your initial post. Give people some time. We're all over multiple timezones, we may not be able to read each and every post all the time and some may get missed. And back to my initial point..

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

Yes, for stuff we know about. I have no idea about WebRTC and the only thing i can offer is wait for MX staff to reply. But that's not going to help you either... so the outcome of this post is useless.

On top of that you posted a reply less than 12 hours after your initial post. Give people some time. We're all over multiple timezones, we may not be able to read each and every post all the time and some may get missed. And back to my initial point..

Okay, and thanks for your answer. I know, a little I got carried away.. I'm so sorry. But it's important to me. Well, until it is not repaired this bug I'll have to test the MX5 on a virtual system. There working properly because VMware operates in a virtual network and MX5 does not have access to my physical system. I will try to solve this problem at the network level. It may succeed to do it.

At the end of one more thing, whether yours Violenmonkey working properly?

On 2016/8/22 at 9:54 PM, Galileusz said:

In other can be changed in the options or by extension.

Hi Galieusz, sorry for the late reply. And please could you tell me what the extension is? Maybe we can help in this direction? Or do you have other suggestions?

We've also forwarded this to our product team immediately and let them have a look if there are other technical solutions. Will tell you at once when we get any ideas.

Thanks again for posting.

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Galieusz, sorry for the late reply. And please could you tell me what the extension is? Maybe we can help in this direction? Or do you have other suggestions?

We've also forwarded this to our product team immediately and let them have a look if there are other technical solutions. Will tell you at once when we get any ideas.

Thanks again for posting.

Examples of extensions:

Google, Chromium and so on.... WebRTC Network Limiter  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webrtc-network-limiter/npeicpdbkakmehahjeeohfdhnlpdklia

Firefox Disable WebCRT  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/happy-bonobo-disable-webrtc/

Ublock            Ublock - Opera.jpg

Opera 40 setting    Settings - Opera.jpg

There are other, but these are the most popular

On 22/8/2016 at 3:54 PM, Galileusz said:

1. Namely Mx 5 has leak through WebRTC. You can see all of my network addresses :devil: I like Mx but it is not acceptable for me. It's probably the only one web browser that is not protected against this threat. In other can be changed in the options or by extension. @BugSir006 @MaxthonJeffYou Fix it finally. In the MX4 is fine.                                                                        DNS Detect                                      

2. Nor MX4 or MX5 does not display the public ip, when I connect through a virtual private network.

not sure if we should consider this a bug or a request... but it surely needs a fix ! featured so that devs can forget about it !

sigmax2.png

• -ody- featured, pinned and unpinned this topic

Archived