Extensions Not Working

On 21/8/2016 at 10:39 PM, kenniekayoz said:

I'm sure this is no doubt because of it still being in beta but I decided to play around with the extensions and tossed on xmarks ... It doesn't seem to be working, unless I'm missing something... but as I said it could be since MX5 is still in beta.

xmarks last update is 2013.. maybe you should contact the author..

xmarks.png

sigmax2.png

1 minute ago, kenniekayoz said:

Hi Ody;

perhaps you shouldn't make suggestions that you can't help with a follow up with.... specially with you being a Vice Admin... it doesn't look that good

what - ody suggested maybe YOU should contact the author - have you tried that 

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi ody, do you know how to contact the author?

As for the author of this extension, here is his profile from the old forum. http://old-bbs.maxthon.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=1998869&do=profile  Maybe you can find him on the new forum, but I do not have access there, so I can not check.

1 hour ago, -ody- said:

no idea... ( I can't open extensions site at work... )

In this archive it is an extension. In addition, I added the extracted file, so you can look in the code, although too much it has no 1379385130.mxaddon.rar

1 hour ago, Tony said:

what - ody suggested maybe YOU should contact the author - have you tried that 

No I haven't, because I have many issues with the browser already the extension is just one of them... I would rather see other issues get fixed as I've noticed others have many of the same issues as I do (such as bookmarks) ...

The reason why I played with the xmarks extension was because I know you can use xmarks on almost any browser, so I thought if I could get it to work with mx5 then I can sync my bookmarks to another browser and atleast have a browser that doesn't frequently crash on me and have access to all my bookmarks, but with it not working I thought I would make mention of it.

Looking at the forum and seeing how the rule seems to be "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" the bookmark thing should be fixed in an update of maxthon hopefully released soon so if it gets fixed and I can pull my bookmarks off of maxthon then I'll be happy.

I've learned from the past where I have lost my bookmarks because I put too much trust in a browser, so now I always keep a hard copy back up.

On 21.08.2016 at 10:39 PM, kenniekayoz said:

I'm sure this is no doubt because of it still being in beta but I decided to play around with the extensions and tossed on xmarks ... It doesn't seem to be working, unless I'm missing something... but as I said it could be since MX5 is still in beta.

This extension works absolutely fine for me.

Could you be more specific what exactly does not work for you?

Check my screenshot for comparision.

Bez tytułu.png

56 minutes ago, A.S. said:

Link?
And what this extension do?

This extension just opens xmark website :wink:. Nothing more. So it's not rocket science

well first for some reason I don't have the side bar so I can't access it.
I know it just opens up the xmark site but it also allows one to sync bookmarks across multiple devices on different browsers which is a plus.

How do you get the sidebar ? maybe if I had one I could get the extension to work since the extension isn't showing up anywhere

17 minutes ago, kenniekayoz said:

well first for some reason I don't have the side bar so I can't access it.
I know it just opens up the xmark site but it also allows one to sync bookmarks across multiple devices on different browsers which is a plus.

How do you get the sidebar ? maybe if I had one I could get the extension to work since the extension isn't showing up anywhere

You have to enable it in View menu in Maxthon settings.

Bez tytułu.png

1 hour ago, magg said:

This extension just opens xmark website :wink:. Nothing more. So it's not rocket science

If website works, but extensions does not, it mean that:

• old certificate for https, need http
  • problems with ABP

Archived