Sometimes, when MX5 is locked, it doesn't ask for a password to access it

I locked MX5 using a custom keyboard shortcut, I went to Windows 10 settings to check something. After closing the settings window, I clicked on the MX5 icon in the taskbar and it didn't ask me for a password to access it. I tested it for a couple of times and the same happened with some other Windows apps.

2 hours ago, livonia said:

I locked MX5 using a custom keyboard shortcut, I went to Windows 10 settings to check something. After closing the settings window, I clicked on the MX5 icon in the taskbar and it didn't ask me for a password to access it. I tested it for a couple of times and the same happened with some other Windows apps.

That's because you just "locked" it, you didn't sign out.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

22 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

That's because you just "locked" it, you didn't sign out.

I think you have misunderstood something. The feature, I am talking about should lock Maxthon, so you would have to enter your account password to access the browser. It is handy, when you are doing something personal and let's say, you have to go to the bathroom and you don't want others around you to be able to see what are you doing while you are away. If you don't know the feature, go to Settings, Gestures & Shortcuts, and at the bottom 'Shortcuts Management'. Find the 'Lock Maxthon' shortcut and test it.

This is what you should see before you could be able to access it:

mxlock.png

On 20.08.2016 at 10:30 PM, livonia said:

For me, so far it works fine :D

4 hours ago, livonia said:

I think you have misunderstood something. The feature, I am talking about should lock Maxthon, so you would have to enter your account password to access the browser. It is handy, when you are doing something personal and let's say, you have to go to the bathroom and you don't want others around you to be able to see what are you doing while you are away. If you don't know the feature, go to Settings, Gestures & Shortcuts, and at the bottom 'Shortcuts Management'. Find the 'Lock Maxthon' shortcut and test it.

This is what you should see before you could be able to access it:

mxlock.png

Ok, got it.  Since I only use Maxthon on my home computers I have never had a need for this.  Good catch.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

On 20.08.2016 г. at 0:30 AM, livonia said:

I confirm. Don't ask for a password, when MX 5 is locked and want to open it again.

Archived