QA and closing tabs

Hello.

About QA: I cannot assign an URL that has no dot-something ending - this URL is in our intranet and points to the PC: http://some-pc . In MX4 it is possible, but now I have working QA item, but cannot edit it's caption - getting wrong URL message.

About tabs: open many tabs so they don't fit width and you see menu on the right with a number of hidden tabs. Now switch to the most right visible tab.

1.png

Then press a hotkey to switch to next tab to the right (F3 for me - default one, as I remember).

2.png

Now you see the selected tab most right near menu. Now close it with mouse - click cross mark or middle button (maybe for you it will be another button - depends on the settings).

3.png

And you see, that something has been closed, but not the active tab - it remains same. Check - the closed tab is the one that was active before. If you close it by Ctrl+W hotkey, it will (probably) close the active tab. After that something strange happens - I switch tabs with F2/F3 but the picture doen't change, as it is the same tab showing. The tab position and its icon and name changes at the same time. If I change the active tab with the mouse, it works OK.

Hi.

It is 5.0.1.500, win 8.1 x64.

Checking once more. Now I'm writing here and testing on this page.

Same result: go to most right visible, press F3, close current tab with mouse - it closed not current tab, but the one that was active before.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Ah. I see now, why that's happening. The tab I see after F3 is just a "picture" of that tab, but physically the tab that was rightmost visible is still here. So if I press LMB I activate it, and if I press RMB - I close it - actually I click the caption of the tab that was rigtmost visible. It means I see not active tab, but the one chosen from the dropdown list. So actually the tab remains in its place. That's confusing a bit.

Is that a feature or a bug? :) I ask it, because it's not obvious how to make things with that dropdown list and tab order.

Archived