maxthon 5 tabs limit/other bugs to come

i noticed that maxthon 5 crashes much sooner when having a lot of tabs open (about 80-100) unlike maxthon 4 wich i have tested with the same pages open, it can keep stable up to 400-450 tabs

i know MX5 is still in beta, so there could be some other thing causing it.

i tested this with a search on google for cheese on images (opened the page many many many times, until it crashes/ slows down the page loading) mx4 is still able to function only for about 50% speed of what its originally can load/render

-------

i havent downloaded the latest version of MX5 yet,

Hi shiganami,

Thanks for reporting here and any crashdata is highlly appreciated to post here for me to forward to our developers.

And hope we can become better:wink:

one off-topic: just out of curiousity--is this a Japanese name? (shiganami)

Wish you a nice day ;)

44 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

I had 413 tabs open the other day just to test. All images from Deviantart. It did become slower but they did open. Was extremely impressed by the performance on 8 GB of RAM.

Please explain to me how you manage 413 tabs.  Is that normal for you?  I have a hard time managing 5.  :mdr:

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

I don't normally but shiganami said i was possible so I tried. It was all one site but it is possible. As for managing that number of tabs its impossible unless you save all as favorites then close all tabs and just open the ones you want (Thumbnails of tabs would be nice when hovering  mouse over tab would be nice ).

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 0:05 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi shiganami,

Thanks for reporting here and any crashdata is highlly appreciated to post here for me to forward to our developers.

And hope we can become better:wink:

one off-topic: just out of curiousity--is this a Japanese name? (shiganami)

Wish you a nice day ;)

yeah its 1 of the nicknames i use, since my original acc was banned due the testing stage of the OLD-NEW fora.

this is the NEW-NEW-fora

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 9:04 PM, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Please explain to me how you manage 413 tabs.  Is that normal for you?  I have a hard time managing 5.  :mdr:

its just for image leaching with quicksave. that saves me time going trough all the pages 1 at a time.

so i just open a +/-400 then leach all the images

as for the speed i was about right that you do notice a small decrease in preformance, 

ironically ALL other browsers crash at about 200 tabs. and have a serious speed decrease at 100 tabs

nowdays i dont use that many anymore,  i only did it to test MX5 its preformance in comparasing to MX 4.4 and mx 4.9

since im on a holliday now and have only 512kb/s internet i cannot send or test any bugs.

all the bug reports i will send then are intentionally caused.

if im at home i will send some bugreports (at home i have fiber 100mb/s up/down)

---------------------

bug/issue:

also a feature request: wipe server/cloud stored data. (i want this due some issues with quick-acces due having multiple pc's with different settings. and having connected to MX5 is also causing some issues)

i dont know if this is a bug or caused by my slow internet i have now? (this is caused on my main account)
------------------

(sorry for double post, could not find multi quote option)

• 2 weeks later...

bumb.

the current tab limit is about 130 total, without any site glitches. (couldnt post this one if it was above that number) (latest beta)

-

i also cant find the status bar (or the shortcut to show/hide it)
-

havent tested out password manager

-

how can i change the quick acces to screenshot instead of text?

(are folders already part of it?)

1 hour ago, shiganami said:

i also cant find the status bar (or the shortcut to show/hide it)

It's in the View menu.

1 hour ago, shiganami said:

how can i change the quick acces to screenshot instead of text?

You can't yet, but it will be coming.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

On Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 5:00 PM, shiganami said:

i noticed that maxthon 5 crashes much sooner when having a lot of tabs open (about 80-100) unlike maxthon 4 wich i have tested with the same pages open, it can keep stable up to 400-450 tabs

i know MX5 is still in beta, so there could be some other thing causing it.

i tested this with a search on google for cheese on images (opened the page many many many times, until it crashes/ slows down the page loading) mx4 is still able to function only for about 50% speed of what its originally can load/render

-------

i havent downloaded the latest version of MX5 yet,

Have you tried this with the latest pictures of cheese or dolphins for that matter?

1 hour ago, dagoz said:

Have you tried this with the latest pictures of cheese or dolphins for that matter?

random sites, a few dozen  searches for someting, and a dozen forum pages.

about 130 is now the limit before disfunction, (since my pc is quite good, MX5 did not crash, but became really really slow, and pages failed to work correctly)

-------

if there are more things to report i will do this.

---

i wont use MX5 often so bug reports can be a few days apart. (if i have time i will do some intentional bug/glitch hunting) (i will even try to force a browser crash, if possible)

Archived