*NEW* MX5 browser

Im testing out the new Maxthon 5 beta browser,at first I had trouble logging in with my email at the start up because it kept saying my email password was wrong but it finally allowed them to send a verification code to reset my password and the browser finally launched,I was wondering with all the new changes to it where is the maxthon favorites button located at so I can save and store my fav sites and have easy access links to them,is this feature still working on Max5 ?

oh I guess Its now located in the Infobox

13 minutes ago, THRASHER69 said:

Im testing out the new Maxthon 5 beta browser,at first I had trouble logging in with my email at the start up because it kept saying my email password was wrong but it finally allowed them to send a verification code to reset my password and the browser finally launched,I was wondering with all the new changes to it where is the maxthon favorites button located at so I can save and store my fav sites and have easy access links to them,is this feature still working on Max5 ?

oh I guess Its now located in the Infobox

glad you found it... ;)

sigmax2.png

haha yeah I figured it out lol Its cool I can either paste my favs into the default folder or pin it to shortcuts,Im going to test out a few other features I had problems with before and see how they work now,cams and taking a photo upload on the site fubar wasnt working well before on the other beta 

the fubar cams still lag and freezes like before,no biggie I hardly use it anyways,but as far as browsing stuff MX5 seems to be pretty good so far,pages load fast

• 3 weeks later...

I went back to beta version 4.9.3.200 over MX5,a youtube documentary had a skip in the video playback,you would hear sound for a few seconds,then a couple seconds pause of no sound,sound...no sound,over & over,I used to use Maxthon for everything,WGT Golf Maxthon was great back when they still used the NPAPI firefox flashplayer version but once it went to pepperflash on my laptop it became unstable to play there with,Maxthon for my Acer went downhill as my everything browser after the 4.4.8.2000 version became obsolete with all these newer Beta's released,the Betas are fine for surfing the web but as far as a stable browser that once had solid functions it now has more bugs and problems,I think most of the problems stem from the pepperflash it uses now,why is taking live photos from a webcam or my webcam video streaming myself on fubar lagging and frozen for spurts at a time ? that never happened with firefox flash and I used Maxthon for over 4 years straight,newer computers it probably runs better on but as far as laptops 4-5 years older it has many issues,and part of my problem for an older computer is using the Windows 10 upgrade over Windows 7 or 8,the WGT Golf unstable issues started happening after the W10 upgrade,so obviously Its not all to do with Maxthon,and can Maxthon maybe someday find an easier way to download pepperflash without all the copy and paste junk in the program folders,thats kinda mickey mouse to have to delete old version and paste in new version of pepflash when a new version comes out everytime lol

Archived