Graphical Interface

So I chose to try the beta and wish I hadnt.  It broke all my existing QA links in MX4, replacing everything with Letters and does the same in MX5.  The QA interface is shocking and a huge ste back.  I also have my browser option set to Google UK on the Homepage but it doesnt work and sends no search requests.

I too have resorted to the topsites.me quickspeed dial page which is fine when set as Homepage but annoying in the fact that you cannot do the same for a new tab....so one clicked retuns to the awful QA page until 'Home' is again clicked.

Huge step back in my opinion - the search and Library Interface is conveluted and too difficult to navigate and simply looks dreadful.

31 minutes ago, Golfmann said:

It would be REAL nice to have state of the art resolution available...

EDGE has 1080 and beats all others right now at least on my setup.

Any way to enhance MX5?

I don't understand this or at least what is different in M5 as compared to Edge?

1 hour ago, 30202767 said:

So I chose to try the beta and wish I hadnt.  It broke all my existing QA links in MX4, replacing everything with Letters and does the same in MX5.  The QA interface is shocking and a huge ste back.  I also have my browser option set to Google UK on the Homepage but it doesnt work and sends no search requests.

I too have resorted to the topsites.me quickspeed dial page which is fine when set as Homepage but annoying in the fact that you cannot do the same for a new tab....so one clicked retuns to the awful QA page until 'Home' is again clicked.

Huge step back in my opinion - the search and Library Interface is conveluted and too difficult to navigate and simply looks dreadful.

see here please 

sigmax2.png

On 2016/8/4 at 11:03 PM, Golfmann said:

It would be REAL nice to have state of the art resolution available...

EDGE has 1080 and beats all others right now at least on my setup.

Any way to enhance MX5?

Hi Golfmann, I've sent it to our product team to see if it possible.

But hi Golfmann, could you furthur explain how do you need it to be enhanced? For example where and how? Cause our product team could not fully understand with just a rough comparison with Edge. 

Edit in 8/15/2016

9 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Golfmann, I've sent it to our product team to see if it possible.

From PC World:

Edge uses Microsoft’s new rendering engine—which isn’t included in IE in Windows 10—and packs some nifty extras. Cortana pops up with supplementary information while you search the web, such as Yelp reviews and Bing Maps directions when you’re viewing a restaurant website, or coupons when you’re shopping online. Digital inking tools let you easily mark up a website and share it with others. Finally, Edge also includes an awesome clutter-stripping Reading View, and allows you to stash articles in the complementary Reading List app for later perusal.

Edge is still a bit bare-bones compared to Chrome or Firefox, but it’s making great strides. It’s the only browser that can stream Netflix at 1080p, and limited initial extension support was added in the Anniversary Update. 

7 hours ago, Golfmann said:

From PC World:

Edge uses Microsoft’s new rendering engine—which isn’t included in IE in Windows 10—and packs some nifty extras. Cortana pops up with supplementary information while you search the web, such as Yelp reviews and Bing Maps directions when you’re viewing a restaurant website, or coupons when you’re shopping online. Digital inking tools let you easily mark up a website and share it with others. Finally, Edge also includes an awesome clutter-stripping Reading View, and allows you to stash articles in the complementary Reading List app for later perusal.

Edge is still a bit bare-bones compared to Chrome or Firefox, but it’s making great strides. It’s the only browser that can stream Netflix at 1080p, and limited initial extension support was added in the Anniversary Update. 

I thought what you were describing was more than simply applicable to Netflix. For instance, comparing text of any page in both Edge and M5, the text in Edge appears both darker and clearer(perhaps because it is darker???????) This appears to be the case in other blink based browsers.

I've tried placing each browser at various positions on my monitor and although slight, there does appear to be a difference. Not sure if it even shows in this screen shot.

m5edge.png

Archived