[WinPC Confirmed] Bug Report, Alt-Tab from Game Crashes MX5

First of all I'm loving the MX5 Beta just as I did the Alpha, only even more so since the level of polish is evident. The only issue I've run into, which is sadly kind-of a stopper for me, is that alt+tabbing from a game (world of warcraft in this case) to MX5 will cause the browser window to show blank, freeze, then crash completely. This doesn't happen with any of my other browsers so it's an MX5 Beta exclusive thing. My main use for a browser is looking up game stuff mid-game by alt-tabbing so this is kind of a show stopper for me in terms of using it a ton. Any idea? Has anyone else had this issue? I did send the crash report when prompted so hopefully that'd help out the devs.

My Theory:

I have a feeling it might have to do with MX5's use of resources. I've noticed the MX5 process will sometimes spike CPU or HDD usage randomly. Am thinking that without a game running that spike is manageable, but with a game already hogging resources it might be causing MX5 to give up the ghost. Not sure if this is MX5 trying to sync even though it's already up-to-date/sync'd or has something to do with that process or what. Anyway that's my theory but I'm probably wrong :D.

20 hours ago, baerjo said:

is that alt+tabbing from a game (world of warcraft in this case) to MX5 will cause the browser window to show blank, freeze, then crash completely

Hi baerjo,

thanks for your feedback and I've forwarded it to our product team fot furthur testing, will tell you the result once it comes out.

8 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi baerjo,

thanks for your feedback and I've forwarded it to our product team fot furthur testing, will tell you the result once it comes out.

Just so you're aware, since I originally wrote this it has now been working just fine. So not sure what was going on before but it seems fine now. Not sure if it's still something worth looking into or not.

On 2016/8/5 at 2:22 AM, baerjo said:

Just so you're aware, since I originally wrote this it has now been working just fine. So not sure what was going on before but it seems fine now. Not sure if it's still something worth looking into or not.

Hi baerjo,

We've confirmed it as a bug and is working to fixed it. Will tell you once it fixed.

Still thanks for your report and your help to make us better.

Archived