Space screen is precious

Hi, congratulations on MX5 beta.

Now, please reduce infobox size. It is taking a huge screen space without reason. I see blank space around everything. If it needs to grow at some point, do it, but blank space=wasted space. You could enlarge the address box to show the full address (not just the domain name, let that for Internet exploited and Chromium oxide). Reducing the button size (back, reload, home) would be a good idea as well.

Missing my dark skin, I understand that kind of customization will come later.

Stripped my bookmakrs and put chinesse sites instead, that is not good (sites history was preserved). Please allow old bookmarks import.

Last but not least, PLEASE, work with ghostery in order to make that extension work with Maxthon. ABP is not enough, it consume resources Ghostery don't (even customized as you did).

Thank you, keep the good work!

2 hours ago, Apollyon7401031 said:

Now, please reduce infobox size. It is taking a huge screen space without reason. I see blank space around everything. If it needs to grow at some point, do it, but blank space=wasted space.

do you mean the whole infobow wtih favs, passkeeper and uumail, or just the infobox you get by clicking control +g ?

if the latest, then you can reduce its size (size is remembered)

infobox.png

sigmax2.png

13 hours ago, Apollyon7401031 said:

Hi, congratulations on MX5 beta.

Now, please reduce infobox size. It is taking a huge screen space without reason. I see blank space around everything. If it needs to grow at some point, do it, but blank space=wasted space. You could enlarge the address box to show the full address (not just the domain name, let that for Internet exploited and Chromium oxide). Reducing the button size (back, reload, home) would be a good idea as well.

Missing my dark skin, I understand that kind of customization will come later.

Stripped my bookmakrs and put chinesse sites instead, that is not good (sites history was preserved). Please allow old bookmarks import.

Last but not least, PLEASE, work with ghostery in order to make that extension work with Maxthon. ABP is not enough, it consume resources Ghostery don't (even customized as you did).

Thank you, keep the good work!

Hi Apollyon, thanks for your feedback and encouragement.

really glad that you've been using Maxthon.

The blank space around has been forwarded to our design team. They designed it by learning from win10 style, which has big space and squares around.

SnowLeopard also noted the spaces between icons in this post 

So, if there are more people ask for a less space between icons,

maybe our design team will start to change current design.

Thx again for your feedback.

16 hours ago, -ody- said:

do you mean the whole infobow wtih favs, passkeeper and uumail, or just the infobox you get by clicking control +g ?

if the latest, then you can reduce its size (size is remembered)

infobox.png

In my thinking, the whole UI takes too much screen space.  Tabbar, navbar, and Userbar (in particular) arw too high and the sidebar is too wide.  These dimensions are the first things I target when I make skin changes.

There is of course a competing usability requirement that limits how far this can go.  But the tabbar does not need to be 32dip high; and the userbar (infobar) doesn't need 40dip height.  My target forr all three of these and the sidebar is about 2/3rd their current size, but I haven't succeeded yet - things are still too fluid.

The goal is save screen real estate for the web content, not the controls.

<<SL>>

7 hours ago, Alians07 said:

I agree with OP

NzZDQUEzQzVCRDdGRDczQUEyRjUwNjJGMDIwNjQyRjU.png

Ok ↑ THAT'S WANT I WANT TO SEE!

Also in the infobox, they should have a default bin for the bookmarks, and they should upgrate to the shortcut bar automatically, adding a bookmark is way to hard... remember K.I.S.S Keep It Simple Stup...

Archived