Skins issues

A.S.

Split posts from Wilsers skins thread.

You may continue discussion of this matter here, and only here. Any posts regarding this in other threads will be deleted without notice.

7twenty

On 22/7/2016 at 1:46 AM, Wilser said:

the upcoming skins and improvements only will be shared by messages private

I did not like this, but I can download it.
MX Forum is not so convenient place. People don't understand how it works. Moderators block someone every day without giving any reason. I know guy, who created account here, added information about himself, photo and has been blocked because of personal website. I don't know anyone who like this place. 
You should not close your skins. People like it and people looking for the easiest way to download it. You guy from Russia ask me to download a few skins from Chinese forum. He he thought that he had no right for this. In that topic you have to write comment to download skin, but that topic was closed already. And what we have to do? 
If you just add skins in topic and will not close it, if every one can just open this page and download skin without registration, nobody will re-upload your skin on other website. Because there will not be reasons for this. Think about this... 
... upload skins on other website, where people can download it without registration in one click, and add link to this site here. By the way, many websites pay for downloads.
Because I talk about people who dont have bad intention. But there are alltimes will be people, who just want to earn, like Fortuner.

Edited by 7twenty
split off topic posts from Wilsers skin thread

On 7/25/2016 at 3:50 AM, A.S. said:

I did not like this,

The author has the right to decide who he distributes his work to.  Stealing and re-distributing artwork without the authors permission is plagiarizm.

• Like 3

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

19 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

The author has the right to decide who he distributes his work to.  Stealing and re-distributing artwork without the authors permission is plagiarizm.

1. Your forum rules work on the forum only. You can not punish me for breaking your forum rules outside the forum. You have to understand this.
    You said the same year ago and now I say it to you. For some reason you forget about it.
  2. Every author want to see as many users as possible. But how many users can find and download skins on forum?
    How many users did you block without reason, just because you can? For example, I know man, who create account, add photo, infrormation about himself and has been blocked. Why? Because of "spam". What spam? Link to personal website in the infromation about user. Does it contradict the rules? No!

1 minute ago, A.S. said:
  1. Your forum rules work on the forum only. You can not punish me for breaking your forum rules outside the forum. You have to understand this.
    You said the same year ago and now I say it to you. For some reason you forget about it.
  2. Every author want to see as many users as possible. But how many users can find and download skins on forum?
    How many users did you block without reason, just because you can? For example, I know man, who create account, add photo, infrormation about himself and has been blocked. Why? Because of "spam". What spam? Link to personal website in the infromation about user. Does it contradict the rules? No!

You can complain as much as you want, but if the OWNER doesn't want his art to be distributed, that is HIS decision, not YOURS.  And you have no idea the reason for blocking someone, so stop "guessing".

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

wilser knows the score with skins - if he publishes he is [obviously] happy - if the powers that be got the skin centre working then that solves the problem - but to do that they need sort skins out for 5 rather than the way it has to be done now

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

4 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

You can complain as much as you want, but if the OWNER doesn't want his art to be distributed, that is HIS decision, not YOURS.  And you have no idea the reason for blocking someone, so stop "guessing".

I did not need it. I just talk about problem:
You blocked so many people, so noone can download skins here. That's why they upload it on other websites. 
How to solve this very hard problem? Open skins maybe? Do you know how people in the East and Central Europe call MX forme? Gulag! Ans this is loyal users!

P.S. That was not Looping. And you know it. You know that he's blocked many weeks. He just found this skin on other website. Russian user upload the first two skins there. I will not tell you name and will not give you link. Thats you work, not our. 
Why opeople do it and don't think about authors? Because many people can not download skins here.

6 minutes ago, -ody- said:

to close this situation : Wilser has added some info about his skin in help, so no matter who publishes them, everybody is informed they are wilser's skins...

How it will help me if I'm blocked here or don't have account?
It will help if I have this skin and want to talk with developer.
By the way, Zork added many years ago.

8 minutes ago, A.S. said:

I did not need it. I just talk about problem:
You blocked so many people, so noone can download skins here. That's why they upload it on other websites. 
How to solve this very hard problem? Open skins maybe? Do you know how people in the East and Central Europe call MX forme? Gulag! Ans this is loyal users!

P.S. That was not Looping. And you know it. You know that he's blocked many weeks. He just found this skin on other website. Russian user upload the first two skins there. I will not tell you name and will not give you link. Thats you work, not our. 
Why opeople do it and don't think about authors? Because many people can not download skins here.

How it will help me if I'm blocked here or don't have account?
It will help if I have this skin and want to talk with developer.
By the way, Zork added many years ago.

so far, only Looping is banned (I know Looping is "many people" because of his numerous accounts...)

sigmax2.png

2 minutes ago, -ody- said:

so far, only Looping is banned (I know Looping is "many people" because of his numerous accounts...)

And all his accounts are blocked. That's not him. He juxt found these skins and posted links.
By the way, you had no reason to blocke him. He did not break forum rules.

5 minutes ago, A.S. said:

He did not break forum rules.

what do you know about this ? only what Looping told you.

We don't ban people as easily as you state we do (except for spammers)

so please stop with this.

sigmax2.png

12 minutes ago, -ody- said:

what do you know about this ? only what Looping told you.
We don't ban people as easily as you state we do (except for spammers)

I have eyes. He did not break rules. Facebook pages dont' matter. Forum rules work only here.
You know the story about blocking because of personal website. Reread rules, that you have written. You can not block anyone for personal website, but you did. 

3 minutes ago, A.S. said:

I have eyes. He did not break rules. Facebook pages dont' matter. Forum rules work only here.
You know the story about blocking because of personal website. Reread rules, that you have written. You can not block anyone for personal website, but you did. 

again you don't know why he has been blocked, so please stop now !

sigmax2.png

3 minutes ago, -ody- said:

again you don't know why he has been blocked, so please stop now !

OK. I don't know. But I want. I read your rules and I want to know why you can block me.
Because you blocked free man for personal website, but you could not do it. 

28 minutes ago, A.S. said:

OK. I don't know. But I want. I read your rules and I want to know why you can block me.
Because you blocked free man for personal website, but you could not do it. 

if you have read the rules, you probably have noticed this one (rule number 9)...

. Members may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however,disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.

this applies to you too.. and it's been several posts now that you are breaking this one,  and still you're neither banned nor warned.. !

so please don't relay wrong information about us banning people for nothing.

I understand Looping is your friend, that does not mean he did not break the rules.

I let you aknowledge this, then, due to respect for Wilser's job,  I will hide all posts that are off topic !

• Like 1

sigmax2.png

1 hour ago, -ody- said:

if you have read the rules, you probably have noticed this one (rule number 9)...
this applies to you too.. and it's been several posts now that you are breaking this one,  and still you're neither banned nor warned.. !
I understand Looping is your friend, that does not mean he did not break the rules.
I let you aknowledge this, then, due to respect for Wilser's job,  I will hide all posts that are off topic !

Nope. I told not about moderators (so this is not about point #9). I told about people who can not download skin here. That's why one of them download skins here and upload it on other websites. Why? Because this is the only way for all who can not download files here. And this is not blocked users only, this is people who don't trust MX any more for examplae and don't have account here. Someone want to help other users. Is it bad? Yep. Because this is theft. And nope, because this is help.
This is the World Rules: if people can not download files here, they will do it in other place. 
I offered the solution: @Wilser should upload skins on other websites and add the link here (by the way many website pay for downloads). And no one will re-upload his skins (if we tald about people who do it not for money). If may be archive: skin, link to forum page (or other Wilser's profiles) and manual how to add it in MX. 
I don't know him. And I don't know almost nobody from my stories. But I know that these people exist. 
Off-top is not my fault. You pointed to the problem when you wrote about Looping's post. I just write how Wilser can solve this and that this is not Loopig's work, he just copyes the other person link. I saw website when this link has been post firstly. I will not write where, because it will be point #8, and I will not write who, because you will block him, but he don't break rules here, outside only. But forum rules don't work outside.

P.S. You know why I protect Looping from time to time. What do you say about these?

You know what you have to do if you want that your rules work outside forum.

Edited by A.S.

1 hour ago, A.S. said:

Nope. I told not about moderators (so this is not about point #9). I told about people who can not download skin here. That's why one of them download skins here and upload it on other websites. Why? Because this is the only way for all who can not download files here. And this is not blocked users only, this is people who don't trust MX any more for examplae and don't have account here. Someone want to help other users. Is it bad? Yep. Because this is theft. And nope, because this is help.
This is the World Rules: if people can not download files here, they will do it in other place. 
I offered the solution: @Wilser should upload skins on other websites and add the link here (by the way many website pay for downloads). And no one will re-upload his skins (if we tald about people who do it not for money). If may be archive: skin, link to forum page (or other Wilser's profiles) and manual how to add it in MX. 
I don't know him. And I don't know almost nobody from my stories. But I know that these people exist. 
Off-top is not my fault. You pointed to the problem when you wrote about Looping's post. I just write how Wilser can solve this and that this is not Loopig's work, he just copyes the other person link. I saw website when this link has been post firstly. I will not write where, because it will be point #8, and I will not write who, because you will block him, but he don't break rules here, outside only. But forum rules don't work outside.

P.S. You know why I protect Looping from time to time. What do you say about these?

You know what you have to do if you want that your rules work outside forum.

case closed : Wilser has tagged his skins, so there's no issue with people posting them on other sites...

sigmax2.png

• 2 months later...