PushBullet for Maxthon? Or Like Extension?

baerjo

Hello there,

I've been an avid user of the Chrome/Firefox/Etc... extension PushBullet. It lets me reply to and create new text messages from my browser on my computer and it sends those through my phone which has the Android app installed. Wondering if this is something we could get on MX as some point? Or is there something with similar functionality I'm not aware of? 

Thanks!

Josh

4 hours ago, baerjo said:

Hello there,

I've been an avid user of the Chrome/Firefox/Etc... extension PushBullet. It lets me reply to and create new text messages from my browser on my computer and it sends those through my phone which has the Android app installed. Wondering if this is something we could get on MX as some point? Or is there something with similar functionality I'm not aware of? 

Thanks!

Josh

"cloud push" allowed you to push links to friends ( email or phone). It was an integrated feature until Mx4.9. I think it's still present in 4.4, not sure if it still works : 

sigmax2.png

3 hours ago, MaxthonJeff said:

The quickest way to send an webpage to mobile via mx5 is through QRCode.   Then you can use mx5 android/iOS to scan the code and get the page.

C__Users_sks_Pictures_MaxthonSnap20160729105459.png

yes, but I still need to send the QR code to friends... the cloud push feature was easier to use...

sigmax2.png

Hi guys thanks for all the replies. The key thing I'm looking to be able to do is to send text messages through my phone, from my browser via an extension. That's what I mainly use PushBullet for. Sharing url's and stuff I have MX5 mobile on my phone so I just use infobox for that stuff. I did recently realize pushbullet has a installable application for the PC itself, without need for a browser extension so I'm not sure my request is as valid anymore.

Just want to say that I am sad to see the "push to" feature gone.   It was one of the main reasons I started using maxthon in the first place.  And I don't find the replacement QR system to be as convenient because it requires me to run additional software on my device to use. makes me leave my mobile maxthon browser to get a link. And ends up taking longer in general.     Without it...  I have no need for a cloud browser. 

20 hours ago, Fireside said:

Just want to say that I am sad to see the "push to" feature gone.   It was one of the main reasons I started using maxthon in the first place.  And I don't find the replacement QR system to be as convenient because it requires me to run additional software on my device to use. makes me leave my mobile maxthon browser to get a link. And ends up taking longer in general.     Without it...  I have no need for a cloud browser. 

M5 has a built in QR reader as did M4. M5's is buried in the more menu whereas M4's was directly to the right of the address bar.

QR.png

• Like 1

On 8/5/2016 at 1:35 PM, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Only thing is, SMS text messaging is for Android only, not Windows PC's.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean? The pushbullet feature lets you receive and send messages from your Windows PC through your phone's service. This is true in both the browser extension and the stand alone Windows PC app. You do of course need pushbullet installed on an android phone linked to the app on your Windows PC for it to work. It's quite slick.