sync does not work :passkeeper, favs and notes

On 1 of my computers, all my MagicFills are transferred to Maxthon 5's Passkeeper. However on my other computer, the Passkeeper is empty. Scared, I uninstalled Maxthon 5 and installed back Maxthon 4 to check. All my MagicFills came back, fortunately. I tried Maxthon 5 again and the same thing happens, Passkeeper is empty. Is there any way to force sync?

14 minutes ago, adli89 said:

Nobody have the same problem? Looks like very isolated case then.. I reinstalled countless times and still cannot get my MagicFills to Passkeeper.

Odd, all 262 entries were transferred over.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

9 minutes ago, adli89 said:

Did you guys uninstall MX4 first before installing MX5? If you do, did you also clear all user data?

I uninstalled Maxthon 4 before installing Maxthon 5 and yes, I did delete all user data.  But all of my Magic Fill data came over becaused it was sync'd to the cloud.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

In my case, everything is synchronized. MagicFill data were synced to the folder "Autosaved Passwords" in Passkeeper. Unfortunately, I could not move them in my newly created Passkeeper account. Perhaps this feature is not implemented yet. We await developments.

3 hours ago, BugMiss006 said:

After discussion, we decided to add some manual sync button in later versions. Hope it can solve this issue.

a button to force sync ? or a button to enable/disable sync ?

and synchronisation lacks of options : we should be able to choose what we want to synchronise (favorites, magic fill, notes;;;) and

which version we want to synchronise : "online to local" or "local to online"

sigmax2.png

22 hours ago, -ody- said:

a button to force sync ? or a button to enable/disable sync ?

and synchronisation lacks of options : we should be able to choose what we want to synchronise (favorites, magic fill, notes;;;) and

which version we want to synchronise : "online to local" or "local to online"

a button to force sync.

I will send those suggestions for sync function to product managers.

Keep in touch, dear.

1 hour ago, BugMiss006 said:

a button to force sync.

I will send those suggestions for sync function to product managers.

Keep in touch, dear.

sync function : sync is forced, it happens every time you open the browser, you can't choose what you sync, sometimes I don't even have the time to make a try, if I create a new folder in notes, as soon as created it's synced... sometimes you realize old version was better, you think you will retrieve it in your online notes, too late.. new one is synced already !  I don't like this at all ! 

sigmax2.png

I uninstalled MX4 removed user data and everything. Then install MX5, the only ones got sync are my bookmarks, passkeeper is empty. Both Accounts and Auto saved password is empty. Is there a fix on this? All my passwords are already sync into the cloud already since I have been using Maxthon for a long time. Also I tried to install MX4 again and password are sync into it. Then install MX5 again still passkeeper is empty.

45 minutes ago, Yuizen said:

I uninstalled MX4 removed user data and everything. Then install MX5, the only ones got sync are my bookmarks, passkeeper is empty. Both Accounts and Auto saved password is empty. Is there a fix on this? All my passwords are already sync into the cloud already since I have been using Maxthon for a long time. Also I tried to install MX4 again and password are sync into it. Then install MX5 again still passkeeper is empty.

(could it be an issue with the server ?)

my favs do no longer sync either, although I had no issue last week (but last week I had Mx 5 2600.. )

notes are not synced either..

but all of this works in Mx 4, and worked in 2600

sigmax2.png

25 minutes ago, -ody- said:

there could be an issue with the server since my favs do no longer sync either, although I had no issue last week (but last week I had Mx 5 2600.. ), and my notes are not synced either.. but they do sync in Mx 4

I'll wait for the devs to fix it then, it's still Alpha so can't complain really, just reporting. Thanks

Thanks for the response guys! I still cannot sync my MagicFills back to Passkeeper. Fully understand that this is Alpha, I'm used to alpha stuffs as I'm a software developer myself. Using Windows 10 Insider Previews also makes me get used to bugs :titter: Looking forward to the force sync feature coming in the future :)

On 7/23/2016 at 6:58 PM, Yuizen said:

Same issue happened to me, and I created a thread here 

Force sync feature is coming in the future, so that might help in resolving our issue :)

On 2016/7/21 at 1:24 PM, -ody- said:

sync function : sync is forced, it happens every time you open the browser, you can't choose what you sync, sometimes I don't even have the time to make a try, if I create a new folder in notes, as soon as created it's synced... sometimes you realize old version was better, you think you will retrieve it in your online notes, too late.. new one is synced already !  I don't like this at all ! 

Got it, dear. We will consider.

Archived