Browser tabs

If you lock a tab and wait for a few minutes the close button will appear next to the lock icon. (Close button is not working but is still present).

333.png

Version: 5.0.0.2700

EDIT:  close button appears when you minimize browser and then open browser again  also browser freezes for few secs after those actions.

6 minutes ago, ventage said:

If you lock a tab and wait for a few minutes the close button will appear next to the lock icon. (Close button is not working but is still present).

333.png

I've never used that function before, but did it work that way in previous versions?

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

2 minutes ago, ventage said:

No, this happens only in MX5.

theres a couple of options in settings for close tabs - not played with them but one of them looks as though it might be useful

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

theres a couple of options in settings for close tabs - not played with them but one of them looks as though it might be useful

So you are telling me it is correct for locked tab to have a close button?
Btw close button appears when you minimize browser and then open browser again  also browser freezes for few secs after those actions.

Just now, ventage said:

So you are telling me it is correct for locked tab to have a close button?
Btw close button appears when you minimize browser and then open browser again  also browser freezes for few secs after those actions.

not saying that - just locked a couple of tabs and i have no close button - only the bottom of the two options in settings is ticked - as to the devs thinking on a close button on locked tabs - i have no idea - their logic is often not explainable

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

not saying that - just locked a couple of tabs and i have no close button - only the bottom of the two options in settings is ticked - as to the devs thinking on a close button on locked tabs - i have no idea - their logic is often not explainable

Most probably it's a bug. :D 

34 minutes ago, Tony said:

If you bothered to read his entire post you would know how to reproduce the issue.

On 2016/7/23 at 6:47 PM, ventage said:

333.png

Version: 5.0.0.2700

EDIT:  close button appears when you minimize browser and then open browser again  also browser freezes for few secs after those actions.

Hi Ventage,

The logic here is locked tab can only be closed after unlocking.

The "close" icon indeed should not appear when the tab is locked. Thanks for findling this bug for us!

I've sent this issue to our product team.

Will reply in this post once it's sloved.

Really thanks for your feedback!

Archived