Test MX5's compatibility with us

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

https://ctsearch.cobbsuperiorcourtclerk.com/ 

When you go up under a file (by name a-z any name will work) then under "hearings", clicking one should give you the option pop-up gui whether to save or open such as in IE, but it does not.....  Works fine in Internet Explorer, in MX5 is backs you out of the search page that has clickable link to view.

In Android version, it gives you the "gui pop-up", but without an "open" option, just the download or cancel options!

Like I mentioned in another post, people are not stating whether or not their "feature request" or "bug report", whatever, is for the Android version, or the Windows version of MX5.  As in this post, this is a bug that will not work at all in the Windows version, but does work in the Android version of MX5, just GUI popup does not have "open" as option....

12 hours ago, coolbeans2016 said:

https://ctsearch.cobbsuperiorcourtclerk.com/ 

When you go up under a file (by name a-z any name will work) then under "hearings", clicking one should give you the option pop-up gui whether to save or open such as in IE, but it does not.....  Works fine in Internet Explorer, in MX5 is backs you out of the search page that has clickable link to view.

Maybe you could put some screenshots for us?  Because I went to this site and it seems to me that everything is working fine.

Yes, with BETA it does respond to viewing case docs now.  But, there are options to "open" as well as just "save" that MX5 BETA is still not offering.  Browse the site in IE, clicking a doc listing under pleadings will give options of "open" as well as "save" so as to quickly view file for reading as well as verifying correct one to save.  "Open" using the MX4 in android hands it off to viewer apps installed such as PDF readers, etc... except "open" is missing in the 2-choice popup in MX5 BETA.

Can this be addressed?  This will be THE "make it or break it" with any users that browse internet file directories, not being able to view docs on "the fly"...

Definitely an oversight.

It allowed me to browse my files on the Samsung J3 (2016) lollipop 5.1.1 phone to post this screenshot on my Asus tablet KitKat 4.4.2 it did not allow me to browse my files to find the screenshot exact same one....

Something else to toss in the mix.....

Screenshot_2016-08-22-12-45-59.png

I have screen shot, MX5 BETA is not allowing me to browse file directory on Asus tablet (KitKat 4.4.2)... checking my Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) LP 5.1.1 phone before clicking to post this....worked on phone!

Ok, I am going to do a side-by-side comparison with Maxthons last generation browser I used to use from now on, including this issue... on three devices running Win 10, kitkat & lollipop...

Hope there are no known issues with having two of these browsers installed.

Okay, here is where is stands.  I have MX4 & MX5 installed on:

Windows 10

Lollipop 5.1.1

KitKat 4.4.2

With above referenced court site.  Documents get an "download prompt" in all three using MX5.  But with Chrome, Chrome Dev, it also only gives the "cancel" & "save" but when download is finished you get a slide-up at bottom of screen with "open" to click without any additional browsing.

MX4 (off playstore) also gives the "download" prompt in all except Windows 10, it still does nothing, clicking a second time takes you back out to the original search page.

I am using the Maxthon Browser download off the playstore right now, and its layout is more "fluid", comfortable but the MX5 BETA is a work in progress and the Infobox is very powerful when editing web content intensively like I do for some research projects.  The shadow mail feature is great as well.

Is there a way to give MX5 a 3 option box of "cancel, download, & open"?  or at least make the part of opening like in the others where you get the popup to do so without browsing to the actual download file.  "Open" would be better of course, not having to download every single doc before verifying it is the one needed.

How do I fix this MX4 version in windows not opening the doc referenced above to get a "download" option?

Sincerely,

zach

On 22/8/2016 at 9:24 PM, coolbeans2016 said:

Okay, here is where is stands.  I have MX4 & MX5 installed on:

Windows 10

same result here using Edge and Mx5 (name "smith", first in the list): clicking the pleading icon opens a forbidden page... same with all names I tried.

pleading.pngpleading2.png

sigmax2.png

5 hours ago, -ody- said:

same result here using Edge and Mx5 (name "smith", first in the list): clicking the pleading icon opens a forbidden page... same with all names I tried.

Everything works well. This is not the Maxthon fault. As you can see in the video (in attachment), some documents have a gray icon. They are blocked, but by the administrator of this site and not by the Mx5.

Recording_2016_08_27.rar

5 hours ago, JasPunjabi said:

Well, i have a website www.tannurealty.com and its coded using HTML5, means, no older coding but, its still not functioning properly in Retro Mode. Awesome font is not showing and most of the times it just not showing any web page from this site at all in Retro mode. 

I can't confirm this. The page displays well in both modes (video is attached). Exception - This page propagates in breadth, if the option
"Enable standart rendering in Retro Mode"  is unchecked.  recording_8_2016.rar 

55 minutes ago, coolbeans2016 said:

If the file docs are greyed out, yes.  But there are plenty that are not.  Alfieri was the one I was looking in for something.  Paul Jr.  Anyways, whatever.......

You can record some a video, because it hard to understand you. I checked this site, Ody also and everything works well.

Well, thank you for checking it out. Very nice video though!  ......... Actually its my mistake that i mentioned the font "Awesome" but instead of Awesome its font "Oswald" and if you look this site in any other browser then you will see the difference. Oswald font is used in main menu and mostly all headers. So my question was, this Oswald font is showing properly in other browser but not in MX. Not quite sure why! For your reference i have uploaded some screen shots, please see blow for more into.

2 hours ago, JasPunjabi said:

Well, here are some screen shots to show about what is missing...

Pic-001.jpg

For me there is no missing icons

0day-.jpg

0day1-.jpg

Note:  Try this method. Delete all temp files of Maxthon. E.g  C:\temp C:\Windows\Temp C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\Temp D:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon Portable\UserData\Temp

Then delete all files and directories from the Maxthon home directory, except the UserData directory . Install Mx again or extract the file from the portable version, if you are using.

11 hours ago, JasPunjabi said:

Well, my friend i tried all these steps and even tried removing every single file belongs to Maxthon from my computer and re-installed it but still doing the same thing. By the way i am using Windows 10 and you think that could be the issue?

I checked on Windows 10 Pro x64 and icons to display correctly. Try to disable all plugins and ADB, maybe something is blocking display.

Archived