MX5 and 4.x side by side?

34 minutes ago, Zethoun said:

Hello,

I just installed the alpha and now even the Maxthon 4x link open MX5.

Is there a way to use both version side by side?

I have reported this also, you are the first to confirm my issue. It was possible with the previous version, .2600.

Edit: I uninstalled then reinstalled M4 and now both M4 and M5 are accessible.

Edit 2: I take it back, only M4 is loading now...

This is probably because that * .exe you start

c:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon\Bin\Maxthon.exe 

or the same but with path from MX5. you have to put the then only to the desktop with shortcut.

also Edit 2   :D with the version that has been set here falsely before email in the Forum  it worked,

the path are differents et even when I tried to rename maxthon.exe to maxthon5.exe, it's still launched maxthon 4 (I uninstalled the alpha and copied the folder elsewhere, to try as "portable" application).

I'll make more test tonight, at home :)

26 minutes ago, EDGAMA said:

if you're interested , here are the two routes:

Maxthon Cloud Browser: "C:\Program Files\Maxthon\Bin\Maxthon.exe"
Maxthon 5: "C:\Program Files\Maxthon5\Bin\Maxthon.exe"

Both work separately...

Regards...

I don't think that's the case with M5.0.0.2700

back home :), same issue :p (but more details ^^)

Maxhon 4 path : D:\Applis\Maxthon\bin\Maxthon.exe

Maxthon 5 alpha path: D:\Applis\Maxthon5\Bin\Maxthon.exe

if I launch Maxthon 5 first, then launch Maxthon 4, then another MX5 window appear

if I launch Maxthon 4 first, then launch Maxthon 5, then another Maxthon 4 window appear

I tried (again) renaming Maxthon.exe in Maxthon5.exe, still same behavior.

So, in the end, you can have Maxthon 4 and 5 installed and running separately but you can't have both running side by side (or I at least I don't know how ^^)

1 minute ago, Zethoun said:

So, in the end, you can have Maxthon 4 and 5 installed and running separately but you can't have both running side by side (or I at least I don't know how ^^)

yes that's exactly how it works !

sigmax2.png

Hello everyone why both run? The old bookmarks you have to look at Maxthon Favorites (old version), the new you have to MX5. The 2600 Beta version is really great. So, I leave now and said goodbye internally of 4.9 for Desktop. My old Android Lollypop Tablet doesn't take MX5 , but all the others have MX5. Now we have soooo waited a long time, now we'll bite us through. And if MX5 release version comes I hope again bookmarks not only import but also export, you will see.

well, I appreciate to be able to run both side by side, because, after my quick look, there's still some littles things missing in MX5 (for me ^^).

MX5 is in alpha stage, so not full feature, still buggy. I don't really want to use it full time at work but to be able to run it aside to test it while Maxthon 4 have all my "important" tabs still open (I don't know if I'm clear enough ^^)

anyway, I'll juste use MX5 only at home then :p

2 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

I use Mx 4 as a portable version and Mx5 as a .exe. Mx 5 will not import all my favorites. When that happens I will use it more often at present it's too early in it's development and missing too much useful stuff. Plus Infobox is Cr*p.

I have the same config, but all my favorites are in Mx5. Do you share the same account with both versions ?

sigmax2.png

4 hours ago, joemax said:

I can log into my dashboard but not my online favorites. Can you?

yes I can, but it's an old version (I updated them with Mx5 last week, they are those I had with Mx4 2 weeks ago).

I don't think Mx5 syncs with these online favs.:wacko:

edit : they updated after a forced sync

favonline.png

sigmax2.png

9 hours ago, -ody- said:

looks like we're neighbours...:wink:

lol, yes indeed. I was too tired yesterday and I let my finger type in "auto mode" :D

about the fav, the "sync" seems buggy (just added one fav in MX5 and "synchronizing" in Infobox keep spinning 5min after :p

17 minutes ago, Zethoun said:

lol, yes indeed. I was too tired yesterday and I let my finger type in "auto mode" :D

about the fav, the "sync" seems buggy (just added one fav in MX5 and "synchronizing" in Infobox keep spinning 5min after :p

sync works fine here, fav onlines have been updated after I forced a sync (just right now)  !

(neighbor means : 35 km from Béziers)

fav3.png

sigmax2.png

18 minutes ago, Zethoun said:

^^ as I said: still buggy (obviously, it's an alpha after all :D) and it's why I don't want to use MX5α yet as a main browser :p

@-ody- : I often visit a friend from Montpellier, but I live near Paris ^^

which one is buggy, Mx5 or server...

( it's a long way from Zethoun to Montpellier, no wonder you have troubles to get your data after such a journey :wink:)

sigmax2.png

But as I say to the parallel-users: Who him just once used alone and it redraws the main browser: It is fast and lean, LastPass works always. In 4.9.3. I always had to enter google by hand .

He is intuitive. You do not have anything 1:1 like 4.9 to 5. Just have the beginner's mind (Buddhism) and experienced with the development, very much alive. I do not want to miss him. Whether Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Yandex, Vivaldi ... everything with topheavy nonsense. With MX5 simply ya have pure, fast, optimal Internet experience.

All we lack to him. What we mean that it lacks: All conveniences, to which one has become accustomed. And so MX5 is a new view of the things in our lives. More time for anything else.

Archived