YouTube error


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, AaronX said:

On some YouTube videos - for example, the link below - M5 refreshes a number of times, I assume switching between rendering engines, before the tab crashes. The reload and switch engine buttons do nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLoJCt0D8tY

 

this video works fine here, no refresh, no crash...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've shut down and restarted M5, and the same error persists.

Version: 5.0.0.2600
OS: 10.0.10586.
IE: 11.494.10586.0

Maxthon.exe = 5.0.0.2600
MxBrowser.dll = 2.0.0.61
mx_core.dll = 3.1.14.337
Maxzlib.dll = 2.2.3.9
MxAccountSvc.dll = 2.1.3.29
MxAddonsMgr.dll = 5.3.0.7
MxCrashCatch.dll = 4.0.1.17
MxCrashReport.exe = 4.0.1.17
MxDb.dll = 5.37.19.7
MxDownloader.dll = 5.1.0.105
MxEncode.dll = 2.0.0.9
MxFilePackage.dll = 2.0.3.5
MxFileSync.dll = 1.0.13.0
MxHttpRq.dll = 4.0.0.57
MxIPC.dll = 4.3.0.10
MxMsg.dll = 2.0.0.24
MxResMgr.dll = 5.2.7.107
MxRsc.dll = 5.0.0.21
MxTool.dll = 2.2.0.73
MxUI.dll = 3.3.3.135
MxXDR.dll = 2.1.0.8
MxCmpUrl.dll = 5.0.0.11
MxFav.dll = 4.0.0.17
MxFavDb.dll = 13.0.0.7
MxHistory.dll = 2.5.0.5
MxQRGen.dll = 2.1.0.5
MxSiteIcon.dll = 2.0.18.37
MxSmartUrl.dll = 3.0.0.41
MxStorage.dll = 2.0.6.17
MxMolebox.dll = 1.0.0.77
MxSync.dll = 3.0.2.27
MxUrlSec.dll = 3.0.0.39
MxAvatarExt.dll = 5.1.0.7
MxExtTools.dll = 4.0.0.19
MxAddonMisc.dll = 5.2.0.43
MxMsgCenter.dll = 1.0.0.3
MxMsgPush.dll = 3.0.0.51
MxQrcLogin.dll = 1.0.0.3
MxSvInfo.dll = 3.2.0.17
MxUeip.dll = 3.0.0.28

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joemax said:

Did you do clean install? I saw no refreshing or crashing in either mode.

No idea. I installed clean in a new Maxthon 5 directory so one would have thought so, but it does seem to be using all my M4 settings and did load my last session data - presumably stored in the registry?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AaronX said:

No idea. I installed clean in a new Maxthon 5 directory so one would have thought so, but it does seem to be using all my M4 settings and did load my last session data - presumably stored in the registry?!

a clean install means : uninstall Mx and when asked for : tick "remove all user datas, history, etc.."

or go to C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3 and rename it to C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3old

this is where all your data are stored (locally)

cloud synchronisation will bring your passwords, favorites, extensions, notes and most settings back

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, -ody- said:

a clean install means : uninstall Mx and when asked for : tick "remove all user datas, history, etc.."

or go to C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3 and rename it to C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3old

this is where all your data are stored (locally)

cloud synchronisation will bring your passwords, favorites, extensions, notes and most settings back

Bizarre that one needs to uninstall previous Maxthons, when the M5 e-mail states " we do not suggest you use MX5 as your primary browser ".

Will do so now and report back, though...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AaronX said:

Bizarre that one needs to uninstall previous Maxthons, when the M5 e-mail states " we do not suggest you use MX5 as your primary browser ".

Will do so now and report back, though...

yes.. but mx5 and mx4 share the same user data folder.. unless you use a portable version, which I suggest...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I fully uninstalled both M4 and M5, renamed the directory, then installed M5 cleanly - and the YouTube refresh-crash cycle still occurs.

I'll see if I can find a portable version to install and try instead.

Edit: There doesn't seem to be one yet. I'll have to wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites

had that, was add-on conflict\bug... "YouTube Center"

disabled it, and installed it via violetmonkey as script and not maxthon add-on, after that everything works just fine.

 

so if you use any add-on try that...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/07/2016 at 3:44 PM, dsol said:

had that, was add-on conflict\bug... "YouTube Center"

disabled it, and installed it via violetmonkey as script and not maxthon add-on, after that everything works just fine.

 

so if you use any add-on try that...

Aha! Thanks, dsol. I'd completely forgotten about that extension. I've disabled it and immediately the problem is rectified.

So a clash between M5 and YouTube Center, then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, observer said:

I disabled that "Youtube center", and youtube says, there is no flash player. But, I see it in "plugins" directory.

If I embed it into reply, it plays ok. Dunno what to do.

it's probably because you have set youtube to use retromode. in retromode Youtube uses flash to play video, in ultra videos are in html5 (no flash needed)

check the engine you use on youtube 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -ody- said:

it's probably because you have set youtube to use retromode. in retromode Youtube uses flash to play video, in ultra videos are in html5 (no flash needed)

check the engine you use on youtube 

Yes. It was a Retro mode. Thanks, @-ody-!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.