1. I had few groups in my favorites which I used to open multiple pages at once. Now I pinned this group to shortcuts bar but it does not open anything and I can't unpin it anymore. There is definetly some bug with this special favorites folder aka groups.

2. When I click on infobox (via user icon in the top left corner) and have all the tabs closed there is no address bar anymore. I need to open new tab with homepage and there is still no address bar but if there is google search page then I can enter something in google search, press enter and voila, there comes the address bar again.

3. What's with flash player. How do I get latest version and why do still forcing older versions?

4. Since many version (4.4.x and 4.9.x) you are havining problems with loading many videos from popular sites - example twitter - it says "This browser does not support video playback".

1/ Infobox will hopefully be improved on in later versions adding options that are gone due to the change. As it stands infobox is interesting, but needs more work to make it more comfortable and workable, especially for users that just want a fav list.

2/ The "google search" on the new tab page that you mention is actually a hybrid address bar. Technically it probably is just the address bar. Enter a full url and it will go directly to the site, enter a search term and it will search using the default search engine. Exactly the same as it has been, just placed differently (same as MS Edge)

3/ See the following thread:

4/ I was hoping this would be fixed in 5, seems it still needs to be looked at and ASAP. A browser today should not have issues with the major social media sites. Given they're probably some of the most frequented sites daily (even though probably moreso on mobile devices), it should be ensured that they work as close to 100% as possible.

1) Ok, I hope it will be fixed because now it's a little bit buggy :)

2) I'm not sure if we are on the same page. Google.com has it's own search field inside the page. When click there then the maxthon address bar appears. What if your homepage is something without any fields or a blank page? Address bar is NOT displayed anywhere.

3) Why is there not an option to use either external or internal flash player?

4) Yes, not able to display media from major web sites is a very bad thing.

MX 5 comes with Pepflash player 22.0.0.203 the latest stable version is 22.0.0.206. So Flash should work.

The chrome core for MX 5 is chrome 47 which is over 6 months out of date Chrome 52 is about to be released as  stable version so that's a possible reason for some non playing of videos. Other browsers such as Vivaldi have the same problem and that's using  a Chrome 52 core.

7 hours ago, projektilski said:

2) I'm not sure if we are on the same page. Google.com has it's own search field inside the page. When click there then the maxthon address bar appears. What if your homepage is something without any fields or a blank page? Address bar is NOT displayed anywhere.

Maybe provide an image?

Otherwise if we're talking about the standard newtab page, it's not a google.com search field. It's whatever you set your default search to, and can be changed using the dropdown on the left. It works the same as if you were to enter something into the address bar (when available) as explained above.

If your homepage isn't a newtab page then the address bar will be available, and you can enter any URL or search term into it and it will load in the current or new tab, depending on your settings.

Basically, think of the search field on the new tab page as the addressbar... that is what it is.

5 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Basically, think of the search field on the new tab page as the addressbar... that is what it is.

search alias works in this one too, and it does not have the same bug main address bar has (remaining words or aliases)

sigmax2.png

12 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Maybe provide an image?

Otherwise if we're talking about the standard newtab page, it's not a google.com search field. It's whatever you set your default search to, and can be changed using the dropdown on the left. It works the same as if you were to enter something into the address bar (when available) as explained above.

If your homepage isn't a newtab page then the address bar will be available, and you can enter any URL or search term into it and it will load in the current or new tab, depending on your settings.

Ok will do, but this is confusing. When all tabs are closed the big + button does not open my home page rather the page I don't like and then the address bar is in the middle of the page and when I enter something it goes up where it should have been in the begining. Address bar should never be closed as this is primary and foremost web browser.

Archived