Few stuff I don't like in MX5

There is a lot of things that works fine like hight startup speed but that is not needed to improve so I will let you know what I don't like in new MX5.

Favorites

I really missing old favorites... I want easy access to all my favorites... I usually have one folder to show up in toolbar, like pin options in MX5 but I want also all other favorites to easy access (one click) all them...

Quick Access

Quick Access on start MX5 is missing or I cannot find it... I use it a lot...

Address bar

New options to hide full adrress in address bar is nice but I, as a "web developer", need it to see a full always not only when is clicked in address bar... Maybe some settings which will allow users to choose.

And there is one thing because I must uninstall MX5 and that is Cookies.

Cookies

Because MX5 is still in Alpha version and it need a lot of work to became a stable version, I use MX4 for regular basis... But every time I start it, it loose all my cookies used for login... Gmail, Facebook and some other websites where I use a save password options... It's annoying to login every time I start it... 

Sorry but I will stick with old MX4 version...

Good luck with MX5...

17 minutes ago, ZunA said:

There is a lot of things that works fine like hight startup speed but that is not needed to improve so I will let you know what I don't like in new MX5.

Favorites

Quick Access

Address bar

Cookies

1) favorites : agreed, mentionned here :http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/20201-favorites-in-side-bar/

2) quick access is there : hit the + sign next to address bar, but it's unusable IMO

see here http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/20173-quick-access/

3) address bar : agreed, see here http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/20172-address-bar/

4 ) cookies : same here

sigmax2.png

6 hours ago, ZunA said:

Favorites

I really missing old favorites... I want easy access to all my favorites... I usually have one folder to show up in toolbar, like pin options in MX5 but I want also all other favorites to easy access (one click) all them...

Quick Access

Address bar

New options to hide full adrress in address bar is nice but I, as a "web developer", need it to see a full always not only when is clicked in address bar... Maybe some settings which will allow users to choose.

And there is one thing because I must uninstall MX5 and that is Cookies.

Cookies

Because MX5 is still in Alpha version and it need a lot of work to became a stable version, I use MX4 for regular basis... But every time I start it, it loose all my cookies used for login... Gmail, Facebook and some other websites where I use a save password options... It's annoying to login every time I start it... 

Sorry but I will stick with old MX4 version...

Good luck with MX5...

Cookies: Check that you have not set cookies to be cleaned when closing M5, I have no need to login to sites each time I open the browser.

2 hours ago, PHYR said:

Cookies: Check that you have not set cookies to be cleaned when closing M5, I have no need to login to sites each time I open the browser.

that's not exactly what the OP said : he  (and I have the same issue) has to login to sites each time he uses Mx4 and Mx5 alternatively

sigmax2.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016/7/15 at 7:17 PM, ZunA said:

Address bar

New options to hide full address in address bar is nice but I, as a "web developer", need it to see a full always not only when is clicked in address bar... Maybe some settings which will allow users to choose.

This issue has been sent to product team, we will consider.

Quick Access

ZunA, do you meet a sync problem for Quick Access?

Please check all of Quick Access has been synced to the Cloud in MX4 firstly.

Then download the new version by this link:  http://dl.maxthon.com/mx5/mx5.0.0.2700-alpha.exe

Do a clear installation and have a try again.

Please have a try and let me know the result.

Thanks friend and looking forward to your reply. 

On 27. 7. 2016. at 10:27 AM, BugMiss006 said:

This issue has been sent to product team, we will consider.

ZunA, do you meet a sync problem for Quick Access?

Please check all of Quick Access has been synced to the Cloud in MX4 firstly.

Then download the new version by this link:  http://dl.maxthon.com/mx5/mx5.0.0.2700-alpha.exe

Do a clear installation and have a try again.

Please have a try and let me know the result.

Thanks friend and looking forward to your reply. 

Sorry for delay to answer, I don't want to install MX5 on my work computer anymore because problems with cookies...

I install it on laptop and Quick Access is now appear... It's much better... 

How I can disable bar above it where is Redit, Amazon, etc? There is no delete option for it delete unwanted icons... 

I saw that I can only move from personal quick access from bottom to first row to swap position and then I can delete it from bottom (without icon) shortcut...

On 2016/7/30 at 8:14 PM, ZunA said:

Sorry for delay to answer, I don't want to install MX5 on my work computer anymore because problems with cookies...

I install it on laptop and Quick Access is now appear... It's much better... 

How I can disable bar above it where is Redit, Amazon, etc? There is no delete option for it delete unwanted icons... 

I saw that I can only move from personal quick access from bottom to first row to swap position and then I can delete it from bottom (without icon) shortcut...

We will add "edit" function for the top bar of Quick Access (where is Redit, Amazon) in beta version. :)

On 15.07.2016 at 5:17 PM, ZunA said:

Address bar

So true. i need to display full address as soon as posible. Domen is useless becouse we can see site icon.

1. Typing on address bar no more searches in favourites. Going to infobox is time and energy consuming. 
  2. Don't remember the exact version or build but nearly after maxthon version 4.8 or something, the browser become more cpu power dependant. Earlier times I can confortably surf the web with Maxthon when I was rendering in 3ds max. Now it freezes and responds so slowly even on a high-end PC. This was something I was kidding with Chrome and Firefox users. And was proud of Maxthon. Maxthon is now the same. It can't work under high CPU load.

Archived