Respect new tab position

1 hour ago, PsyAfter said:

Respect "new tab position" option when open new tab (with + at right side, or cntrl+t and etc).

Now it always opened at right of all tabs, instead at right of current tab regardless to configuration

Can't confirm, did you do a clean install?

Edit: Ah, reread your post. Quite sure that is by design, both new tab and info tab behave the same. If you look closely you can see the + sign  or info page( your avatar) actually becomes the new tab, no new tab is created. It also opens directly which I'm sure is how you want it to behave otherwise you wouldn't have used ctrl+t.

Opening a new tab from a link or favorite will conform to settings.

Why new tab should be last always?

MX should do it like in other cases, there is no difference. 

Is's ok that no new tab opened on cntrl+t or "+" click. But when I enter address in this "new tab", or click links, just follow regular user settings for creating new tab.

There is a difference, you always have only 1 "New Tab" tab. With M4 for instance I used to have 3 or 4 "New Tabs" open by the end of a session, now that is not possible, you have only one which doesn't clutter your tab bar. It also saves on system resources. And you always know where it is....no need to search for it on your tab bar.

When creating a new tab from the address bar in New tab, it is created one tab away from the new tab, for me on tick of r/click wheel. Imagine how difficult it would be to find  if it was created next to the tab you were visiting before opening "new Tab".

It should not  be difficult to find it be course tab is auto activated after opening.

There is really no difference. You can open/create tabs from favorites or by shift+left click. Also you can open tabs from your memory and you want to position it at right of current tab because is part of group of tabs you are working. This new created tab from "+" tab just break consistency.

3 hours ago, PsyAfter said:

It should not  be difficult to find it be course tab is auto activated after opening.

There is really no difference. You can open/create tabs from favorites or by shift+left click. Also you can open tabs from your memory and you want to position it at right of current tab because is part of group of tabs you are working. This new created tab from "+" tab just break consistency.

Not consistancy but habit.

3 hours ago, joemax said:

Not consistancy but habit.

May be so, but it's a habit that makes sense. If you looking at something on one site, and want to look at another similar site because maybe you're comparing something, it makes more sense to have tabs from that site grouped together - at least it does for me. Having all new tabs open from the new tab page at the end of the tab bar completely breaks that.

That said, I rarely use the new tab page - if there was an option to disable it I would. Seems like an extra step for no great gain. Either drag a link from the current tab, or enter your URL or search term into the addressbar and you get a new tab right next to the current one.

I'm with PsyAfter. It is incredibly annoying that M5 now ignores the open new tab setting when you're opening a blank tab. I want it - as per my setting - to the right of the CURRENT tab, not at the far end. I hope Maxthon team restore traditional operation ASAP.

Archived