×

Give a tip

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, -ody- said:

 customize seems buggy, no way to add or remove a tool from there, you need to go to the settings 

custom.png

I don't even have that and guess what I get when I enable the Resource Sniffer on the toolbar.  I get a Translate button.  :))

Resource sniffer.png

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is just extensions now. I think it's better.
But... Now I think about my extensions... and 
They shoud to add opportunity to hide icons from toolbar! 
Somebody, ask developers about this...

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, -ody- said:

home.png

Look on Night Mode, SkyNote and Tools. Can you hide it?
Because I worry about my extensions: my accounts and MX pages in its are just feedback and new. I dont think that someone need and use it everyday. If in MX5 you can noy hide icon from toolbar, I have to remove special panels from toolbar. That's not good new for me, because this is too long time... 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

I don't even have that and guess what I get when I enable the Resource Sniffer on the toolbar.  I get a Translate button.  :))

 

did you perform a clean install  ?Mx5.0.0.2400 had no customization bars, but 2600 has them ! (at least here...)

sigmax2.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, -ody- said:

did you perform a clean install  ?Mx5.0.0.2400 had no customization bars, but 2600 has them ! (at least here...)

No, unfortunately I didn't do a clean install, but I guess I am going to have to do that right now.  Will let you know.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, A.S. said:

Look on Night Mode, SkyNote and Tools. Can you hide it?
Because I worry about my extensions: my accounts and MX pages in its are just feedback and new. I dont think that someone need and use it everyday. If in MX5 you can noy hide icon from toolbar, I have to remove special panels from toolbar. That's not good new for me, because this is too long time... 

see here : 

sigmax2.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, -ody- said:

see here : Addons/extensions

I talk not about this. 
Look on SaveTube for example. I use toolbar manu to give users information: what SaveTube is. how to use SaveTube+ without extension, changelog etc. This button is useless. You need it only if you have problems or want to know something about it. So you need this menu, but not all times.
And look on Facebook. There are facebook menu, your account, maxthon page and my page. OK, my page is useless. OK, maybe MX page is useless too, but your account is not. Russian like own page in one click. 
And think what if you use Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LiveJournal, OK.ru, VK.com. This is so... 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, -ody- said:

did you perform a clean install  ?Mx5.0.0.2400 had no customization bars, but 2600 has them ! (at least here...)

Well, I just did a clean install and I still do not have that menu.  I'm going to have to do something drastic.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, -ody- said:

please don't commit suicide :(

You got to me just in time and saved my life.  :top:  Ok, what I did is uninstalled everything, including all user data and re-installed into Program Files (x86) instead of Program files.  Then I logged in using my original Maxthon Passport then logged in using my Forum User ID and Voilá, I now have a working browser.  Isn't it strange that when you do things the right way, how easy it makes things?  Must be my stubborn German blood.  :arf:

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, A.S. said:

I talk not about this. 
Look on SaveTube for example. I use toolbar manu to give users information: what SaveTube is. how to use SaveTube+ without extension, changelog etc. This button is useless. You need it only if you have problems or want to know something about it. So you need this menu, but not all times.
And look on Facebook. There are facebook menu, your account, maxthon page and my page. OK, my page is useless. OK, maybe MX page is useless too, but your account is not. Russian like own page in one click. 
And think what if you use Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LiveJournal, OK.ru, VK.com. This is so... 

Not sure what you are worried about, all the menu items work....

Other than there being only 4 spaces(5 if you use adblock) on the extension bar for icons.

save.png

face.pngWIN_20160512_21_58_27_Pro.jpg

face b.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, joemax said:

Not sure what you are worried about, all the menu items work....
Other than there being only 4 spaces(5 if you use adblock) on the extension bar for icons.

Instill these:
extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=2491
extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=2510
extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=2512
extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=2516
extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=2518
Too many icons. In MX4 you can hide any icon if you don't need it. I use only menu and account. If you don't need it, it's just trash. 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, -ody- said:

hidden.png

when there are more than 5 icons in tool bar the most right one is overlapped by menu icon

That was the problem I was having until I did a clean install into the Program Files (x86) folder, then it cleared up.  I was enabling "Developer Tools" but when I clicked on the Icon that appeared on the Tool Bar, "Translator" is what opened up.  :twisted:

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

That was the problem I was having until I did a clean install into the Program Files (x86) folder, then it cleared up.  

I did a clean install in program files (x86), I didn't nptice the issue until i installed NEwtab +, which makes 6 icons in toolbar...

sigmax2.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, joemax said:

I'd like to have more tools visible without the need for the dropdown menu, there's plenty of room on the address bar. I can only display 4 before dropdown menu shows.

I would prefer to have only the dropdown show.  In the Mx4 versions, that is possible.  Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for the download email.  I hope it arriv ces before the next Ice Age.  But it will be useless if it doesn't give me a portable version ... can't install on this computer.

Does the dropdown display if none of the tools are selected?  If not, how to you make a selection?  Is theree a "Tools" on the Main Menu?

               <<SL>>

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, SnowLeopard said:

Does the dropdown display if none of the tools are selected?

no, it does not

lots of things are only accessible from settings now.. I don't find it convenient, 

sigmax2.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

Does the dropdown display if none of the tools are selected?

The dropdown is an overflow button. The skin is set to display 4 items, any extra go into the dropdown. You can only adjust the order of the toolbar items by dragging. Any additions to the toolbar need to be added via the settings pages as noted by ody.

It's going for the minimalist design to not clutter up the UI. Great if you're on a tablet device or very small screen. But if you're on a PC with a decent screen resolution you have a LOT of wasted space because of it.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

The dropdown is an overflow button. The skin is set to display 4 items, any extra go into the dropdown. You can only adjust the order of the toolbar items by dragging. Any additions to the toolbar need to be added via the settings pages as noted by ody.

It's going for the minimalist design to not clutter up the UI. Great if you're on a tablet device or very small screen. But if you're on a PC with a decent screen resolution you have a LOT of wasted space because of it.

It holds 5 if adblock is enabled. If you are on a small screen extra icons would move to the drop down menu anyway so there is no reason not to allow more on the toolbar minimalist UI or not.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BugMiss006 said:

In MX5, we can manage tools in settings.

 

 

In order to provide access convenience for people need to often change it, we also provide a quick entry for tool bar management by click “tools”- “extensions”.

 

we know that, but it's not what we want... it's not handy

  • when you set more than 4, 5th is overlapped,hidden.png
  • and button his buggy : it's hard/impossible to move a tool from there to tool bar

custom.png

sigmax2.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, -ody- said:

we know that, but it's not what we want... it's not handy

  • when you set more than 4, 5th is overlapped,hidden.png
  • and button his buggy : it's hard/impossible to move a tool from there to tool bar

custom.png

Got it. I tried this issue on my computer with MX5 alpha. On my computer, no overlapped display problem, but only can display 5 tools icon.

I will ask product manager and let test team to test more.

If I got any info, I will contact you here as soon as possible.

Thanks, ody.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the overlap display is something of a mystery or seems so - it happens on opening MX but only sometimes - i dont run in full screen mode and have found that if i see the overlap bug? switching to full screen and then back to my screen resolves the issue

as to customising - why is the setting [effectively] hidden-  or at least hard to find - this is not only true of this setting but many others - for example mode switch and proxy that were in the navbar in earlier versions -  they have now been removed and [again] the switch is difficult to find and takes more than one click to get to it 

minimalist can be good but not at the loss of convenience - the wheel is round - no need to reinvent it! :wink:

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.