MX5 testers rights

I have 2 question, answers to which we need to know before start of alpha testing:

1. What have testers to do? 
    Of course we need to find all bugs that we can. How to tell you about this?
    Special field on forum is not so good idea: too many people wil write about too many things. 
    Will you return feedback for this?
  2. What rights do we have?
    I want to write about my first impressions of the MX5. I know people, who will wait it from me. Can I do it?
    Because when you sent beta version of Nitro, nobody knew what we can do: is it close of not?
    And what about screenshots?

8 hours ago, A.S. said:

I have 2 question, answers to which we need to know before start of alpha testing:

1. What have testers to do? 
    Of course we need to find all bugs that we can. How to tell you about this?
    Special field on forum is not so good idea: too many people wil write about too many things. 
    Will you return feedback for this?
  2. What rights do we have?
    I want to write about my first impressions of the MX5. I know people, who will wait it from me. Can I do it?
    Because when you sent beta version of Nitro, nobody knew what we can do: is it close of not?
    And what about screenshots?

@A,S., We did not have to sign an NDA (Nondisclosure Agreement) when we pre-registered.  So, re #2, I think we are ffree to talk about it.  With over 200,000 "testers" worldwide, this is much more like a Microsoft or Apple public beta test.  But in this case we have been told that it is an ALPHA test so be prepared ...

Re #1, there are already restricted access areas (Admins, Moderators, internal testing, etc.) so it is possible.  But given the enumber of testers, bug reporting might have to be handdled in a more organized way.  Maybe a bug reporting form will be made to log in initial reports, something like Bugzilla that Mozilla uses.  Maxthon uses JIRA internally, but we do not have access to imput anything there.  There would have to be another interface structured so that it could "feed" data into JIRA ahen appropriate.

We'll get a more formal answer from one of the BugSir/Miss's tomorrow I expect.

EDIT:          I have a question about the alpha release.  Will there be a portable or standalone version as well as an installer version?  The answer is important because I can only use portable or standalone versions.  I hoept  ere wil be such a version.

<<SL>>

Archived