How much time does extension approving take? 

user12

On 01.07.2016 at 2:32 AM, user12 said:

How much time does extension approving take? 3-4 days past after I've added one

Almost instantly... when moderator checks it. I remember the time when updates updates appeared every day. But now moderators work irregularly and you have to wait for 2 weeks. But this is not so bad. For other browsers this is longer period.
P.S. Every second friday as I noticed.

On 01.07.2016 at 3:04 AM, Deivison said:

I am also waiting to approve the update of my extension - http://extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=2515&category_id=

Tell me if you need help. We can add toolbar menu or scripts for fast search or sharing.

Edited by A.S.
  • Like 1

On 04.07.2016 at 10:14 PM, A.S. said:

For other browsers this is longer period.

In Chrome it's very quickly and when you add new extension it doesn't require any review, mb it's not like this anymore, anyway they review new updates for my extensions very fast

Last time when I uploaded new addon for Firefox it wasn't reviewed fast but addon was still available to download from their addon site (it just would say to users that this addon wasn't reviewed by Mozilla, but they could install it anyway) 

Opera - 1-5 days (extensions' updates and new extensions)

So yeah, 2 weeks it's very long for this browser

Edited by user12

46 minutes ago, user12 said:

In Chrome it's very quickly and when you add new extension it doesn't require any review, mb it's not like this anymore, anyway they review new updates for my extensions very fast

Last time when I uploaded new addon for Firefox it wasn't reviewed fast but addon was still available to download from their addon site (it just would say to users that this addon wasn't reviewed by Mozilla, but they could install it anyway) 

Opera - 1-5 days (extensions' updates and new extensions)

So yeah, 2 weeks it's very long for this browser

they are probably very busy with Mx5

sigmax2.png

7 hours ago, user12 said:

In Chrome it's very quickly

Remember that Google is much, much bigger than Maxthon. They've no doubt got all their systems set up in such a way that extensions can be automatically approved and updated etc. To my knowledge MX does the approval manually, if they don't have people available it will take longer.

6 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Remember that Google is much, much bigger than Maxthon. They've no doubt got all their systems set up in such a way that extensions can be automatically approved and updated etc. To my knowledge MX does the approval manually, if they don't have people available it will take longer.

Google has millions of extensions and hundreds or thousands of these extensions are updated every day. And every of this extension has more rights and privileges, than MX extensions. So Chrome extensions can be potentially more dangerous.

3K extensions was upload in Extensions Center from 2010. A bit more than 1.5K extensions are available today. And this is extensions that can work only on page, in sidebar or toolbar. Maxthon talk that this is because of security, so MX extensions potentially safer than Chrome.
So... A few extensions, little rights and powers... And several week for moderation?

I know you made a few extensions. And if you don't know how MX moderators work it's just luck! 
A few reasons why my extensions were rejected:

• upload it again, site works wrong
  • be blocked by popupblocker
  • to huge
  • doesn
  • please don

Pleas "don't" what? Or this is "done". What is done?

Edited by A.S.

6 hours ago, A.S. said:

A few reasons why my extensions were rejected:

• upload it again, site works wrong
  • be blocked by popupblocker
  • to huge
  • doesn
  • please don

Pleas "don't" what? Or this is "done". What is done?

I've been there as well. Tried to do what i could about it... nothing happend.

6 hours ago, Deivison said:

My extension was approved, but has not been updated, still the old version.

And when I click the download button, an error message appears.

Seems to be updated now...downloads and runs fine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19.07.2016 at 2:24 PM, BugMiss006 said:

Hello, Users, could you tell me the extention name you submitted? I can help you have a check.

Last wave of approving was 07/07. Almost 1 month ago!
What are you thinking about? Do you have so many loyal third-party developers?

• Like 1

On 7/27/2016 at 10:26 PM, A.S. said:

Last wave of approving was 07/07. Almost 1 month ago!
What are you thinking about? Do you have so many loyal third-party developers?

Mine is still in pending status after 2 weeks.  :))

6 hours ago, user12 said:

BugMiss006,

Yes. Please review this one

Thanks your reply firstly. Very sorry for this inconvenience to you.

Please tell me the extension name you submitted. We will review and approve it right now.

Please give us a chance to remedy this fault. Thanks friend and looking forward to your reply. :)