Do you get your MX5's VIP?

BugMiss006

1 hour ago, Secret-HQ said:

That would be nice to know.

Also:  Has anyone had any luck playing the video?

I had no problem playing the video.  But don't worry if you can't; it is mainly marketing; no real glimpses of MX5 are there that I can recognize.  But it was nice marketing consistent with the the Pre-Registration UI theme.

<<SL>>

19 minutes ago, Mulkin said:

No, I tried 4 or 5 times to sign up on 6/15/16, approx  1700 hours EST, however it would no go through or or reply to my e mail.

I have used Maxthon from the very beginning!     Mulkin@comcast.net       

Don't worry Mulkin, we are troubleshooting the problems with all you feedback here. Everything will be fine.:)

sigmaxlizzie.png

BugSir005,  I am very thankful for all your help tonight and very thankful for Maxthon all these years I have used it!  If I am out of line please forgive me, but I was wondering if there was any way I could be upgraded to VIP 3, I did try for hours to get signed up and/or I am willing to pay extra, if needed!!  I am a Maxthon #1 fan! However it goes, thanks for your help!!     Mike Mulkin  Mulkin@comcast.net    

5 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

I had no problem playing the video.  But don't worry if you can't; it is mainly marketing; no real glimpses of MX5 are there that I can recognize.  But it was nice marketing consistent with the the Pre-Registration UI theme.

Finally got a chance to watch, and it was nicely done.  Kudos, Team Maxthon!

(I saw @Wilser ツ's note about the hack right after I posted my original comment.)

8 hours ago, joemax said:

thought I read somewhere that M5 alfa will be released once the 100,000 VIP preregistration limit is reached, was I dreaming or just being my regular self???

No, you're not dreaming. It's mentioned in the video.

2 hours ago, Mulkin said:

I was wondering if there was any way I could be upgraded to VIP 3, I did try for hours to get signed up and/or I am willing to pay extra, if needed!!  I am a Maxthon #1 fan! However it goes, thanks for your help!!

The VIP program and its levels, as well as its role in the alpha rollout, are maddeningly unclear.

It would be nice to know:

• what the levels are
  • whether the prices quoted are per major version, per year, or for the lifetime of use;
  • when and how users can upgrade or downgrade service to a different VIP level; 
  • if "free now" means free during the alpha phase or free until some renewal comes due; and 
  • if alpha testers are locked into the levels they came in at for the duration of the alpha test or if they'll be able to upgrade/downgrade within the alpha phase.

I also can't help wondering:

• Will all MX5 users be at one of the three VIP levels, or will there be non-VIP users?
  • Will there be any non-paid use of MX5?  If not, how's that going to affect the spread and promotion of MX5?
  • Is there going to be premium access to customer service and tech support for VIP users?

I'm not opposed to paying for Maxthon.  I suggested it as a revenue-generating option years ago and am quite happy with some of the paid software I use.  But if I find myself paying (especially for the multiple accounts I use for work and family!), my expectations for performance and bug-fixing are going to go up.  ;)

3 hours ago, Secret-HQ said:

But if I find myself paying (especially for the multiple accounts I use for work and family!), my expectations for performance and bug-fixing are going to go up.

Exactly! As a old Mx user (started using Mx since v.1) I guess Mx4 is relatively good product only because it's free for use. I guess our community members are not ready to pay 49$ and at the same time to continue working as QA engineers for free, and wait for fixes with no deadlines.

6 hours ago, BugSir005 said:

Sure tabooxchanz, you can try it again:)

@BugSir005:  I registered early and got the success message from the pre-registrattion UI but not an email.  Am I correct that my registrationn wass successful?  BTW, I've had a Passport account for  about 3 years and used its email login ID.

<<SL>>

7 hours ago, observer said:

lol

yesterday I was a VIP3 68-th member,  now I'm VIP1 and 20774th :)
"fixed" :)

yes, I tried yesterday several times, and always it was the same number. yes, e-mail was the same every time.

but today I received the e-mail immidietely.

same story here :(

6 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

@BugSir005:  I registered early and got the success message from the pre-registrattion UI but not an email.  Am I correct that my registrationn wass successful?  BTW, I've had a Passport account for  about 3 years and used its email login ID.

<<SL>>

Hi,SnowLeopard, if you got the success message from register page, it should be registered successfully. Anyway would you give me your register email address? I'll check it for you.:)

sigmaxlizzie.png

8 hours ago, tabooxchanz said:

I tried again but still no email =/

Hi, tabooxchanz, don't worry, if you got the success message from register page, our developer will find your record and try to resent to you before we release the alpha version.

Would you tell me the email address that you used to register?

2 hours ago, Belkir said:

I was one of the first to apply for and had the status of VIP-3 but now I VIP-2. This is something you can fix it? = (My email dvor-net.ptz@mail.ru

Hi, Belkir, would you mind to tell me when did you got VIP3 status?And what's the email address you used to register?

sigmaxlizzie.png

Archived