twitter embedded video stopped working

hi everyone.

strange problem i got this week.

twitter embedded videos suddenly stopped working, embedded youtube/wines/gifs are playing ok.

in mx i see video preview with text "This browser does not support video playback.", same video playes ok in chrome/ie with same account.   

for example this one from twitter.

what i see with mx

image.jpg

now most interesting thing: 2 pc-s, 1 w10x64 at home, 1 w7x64 at work, maxthon version 4.4.5.1000 installed on both and both computers having same problem.

tried  both latest (4.9.2.1000) portable mx and clean install of full version - same issue (tried with and without copying old user settings/files)

any help and ideas will be appreciated.

same here...

5 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

But of course it works fine in Retro mode.

4 hours ago, PHYR said:

And yet it plays the GIF video 2 videos above it on the page....in ultra....

This vid plays fine on my home page but not on the MSCLoud page

sigmax2.png

On Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 8:02 AM, -ody- said:

But of course it works fine in Retro mode.

In the retro mode it doesn't hear the sound and the volume button is not active. He says "your browser does not support changing the volume"

• 2 weeks later...

I have this problem too, using Mx v4.4.8.2000. Videos embedded in tweet posts won't play in either Ultra or Retro, but work fine in Chrome or Pale Moon.

Lately all videos are a bit hit-or-miss, I seem to constantly have to change from Ultra (most videos play in Ultra) to Retro (except some won't play except in Retro.)

Also, way back when I first got Maxthon, it worked wonderfully well with Roboform. Lately, Roboform will only work in Retro mode of Maxthon.

I sure hope these problems get sorted out, I find myself using Chrome or Pale Moon a lot more often than I'd like to these days.

Archived