[WinPC Resolved] downloading maxthon

I just downloaded the one u advised me on, It still shows Asia limited or whatever though. I didnt do a clean install, just downloaded Link to newest , I have a LOAD of Favs id hate to loose .   What do you think is causing it to keep saying ASIA, and no home page load or working? Server,glitches? 

1 hour ago, dlaw74 said:

I just downloaded the one u advised me on, It still shows Asia limited or whatever though. I didnt do a clean install, just downloaded Link to newest , I have a LOAD of Favs id hate to loose .   What do you think is causing it to keep saying ASIA, and no home page load or working? Server,glitches? 

If you have a synced passport( and why not) you are protected. Uninstall, shut down and reinstall new one and if that doesn't fix it I'll eat my hat.
(ps: I don't have a hat) :)

3 hours ago, JOHN HAMILTON said:

I've tried screen capture, using keyboard buttons without success. I can't do it any other way as the download box is on a blank screen (Windows).

do you mean that installer is in chinese, or maxthon browser is in chinese, in other words what exactly is in chinese ?

sigmax2.png

7 minutes ago, JOHN HAMILTON said:

The installer is in English but, the browser is in an Asian script and dedicated to that country.

if you have a passport :

• download maxthon file from here : http://dl.maxthon.com/mx4/mx4.9.3.100-beta.exe
  • perform a clean install (uninstall maxthon and clear user data or go to c:/users/you/appdata/roaming/maxthon3 and rename the folder to maxthon3sav)
  • install maxthon again
  • if it's in chinese then switch languages to english in menu
  •  la.thumb.png.4bdb32fc6c32047157cd69e168b

sigmax2.png

Archived