[WinPC Resolved] Updating flash with Truuuc's tool causes error

48 minutes ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

So I used the seemingly convenient tool found here to update flash. Update seemed good, but when I opened a flash page I got an error. Even in Adobe's site I got the same "Plugin cannot be loaded" error.
So what can I do now (reinstall Maxthon?) or download and fix it manually?

I'm using Maxthon 4.9.3.100 on Windows 7

all that tool does is to remove the flash dll and replace it with the latest one. it works fine here and I've been using it for years.

Please make sure plug-ins are enabled

plug.thumb.png.7c2cd6a9cc17581f7537e4503

to go back to the initial state, either reinstall maxthon or follow the manual process as described here and it should work http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/forum/81-general-discussion/

sigmax2.png

Same discussed here

Not sure if it's only related to the english version or 4.9 or combination of both. But for some reason it fails to rename the file properly which is what gives the error.

1 hour ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

So what can I do now (reinstall Maxthon?) or download and fix it manually?

Follow the instructions here. Doing it manually is the best way to ensure that it works at least till that issue is fixed with Truucs updater. Not as simple as just running the installer, but 100% guaranteed that it works if done correctly.

41 minutes ago, dlaw74 said:

It loads youtube and evrything thing though far as i know. How do i make sure my flash is on in maxthon? 

Youtube uses HTML5 unless you use an extension to force flash, like Youtube centre.

Goto http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ to check what version you are running and if it's working. If it shows cannot load plugin or other error then check that the "allow all sites to run plugins" option is set as shown in ody's post above.

1 hour ago, Truuuc said:

I've updated the tool, can you retry it?

http://www.maxthon-fr.com/site/files/Mx_En_Updater.exe

Just did, but I got this "failed to copy" message. Basically the plugin folder does not have the dll copied to it and that's the issue.

Dunno why copy failed. Checked Anti-Virus and anything I can think of.
Nothing interfered (destination dir is also correct)

I'll copy it manually

Fail.png

It's strange, in normal use when Flash need to be updated in Maxthon, before the line "Updating Adobe Flash...." there is a line "Deleting Adobe Flash...".

You use Portable version of Maxthon? I will do more tests.

Edit: You don't avec deleting line because the file has been deleted in your previous test.

Now i search the cause of copy error.

15 minutes ago, Truuuc said:

It's strange, in normal use when Flash need to be updated in Maxthon, before the line "Updating Adobe Flash...." there is a line "Deleting Adobe Flash...".

You use Portable version of Maxthon? I will do more tests.

Edit: You don't avec deleting line because the file has been deleted in your previous test.

Now i search the cause of copy error.

Yes it was, This is from the 2nd run where I made sure it runs "As administrator".

Manual copy works well, obviously

I edit the MD5 in last "update" post of the Updater topic (and in first post).

MD5 of the bugged version of this morning (GMT+1) start by C3705....

MD5 E48E9ACD1532FEAFDE93D0777774D0AF is the corrected version of this afternoon.

I followed the manually update flash instruction that were posted on another thread, and mine was at first 18.x.x.x.x something i dont remember, but after manually following the instrucings and my Flash is now up to date to the recent   ' You have version 21,0,0,213 installed"  So 7twenty's manual instructions worked great for me, I had to re read it twice then had it updated within min or 2. Simple as can be.     I never had any issues with the Old one but I want everthing I use to be running the latest update of software.  This 4.9 beta version seems good so far, just get broken links sometimes an have to refresh page.  

MaxthonSnap20160430120046.png

On 4/29/2016, 7:29:36, Truuuc said:

I've updated the tool, can you retry it?

http://www.maxthon-fr.com/site/files/Mx_En_Updater.exe

This is for those who dont want to have to Manually upgrade to the latest version of flash right?  Just a tool that does it by itself instead?  I will use this for my future updates. Its for English as well?  or just Fr?  thnks 

On 30/4/2016 18:09:48, dlaw74 said:

This is for those who dont want to have to Manually upgrade to the latest version of flash right?  Just a tool that does it by itself instead?  I will use this for my future updates. Its for English as well?  or just Fr?  thnks 

there are 2 versions at the moment, french and english

and yes it's a tool which updates flash dll. I've been using it for years and it's great ! It 's the first time Truuuc makes an english version so there were a few issues  at first but Truuuc fixed them and the tool should work as intended now ! 

sigmax2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived