Speed up Browser?

What I started to notice while using maxthon is that the animations and for example clicking on the new tab button being choppy, pages not loading as fast as I like, or the new tab screen not loading as fast as I would like. My internet connection is very reliable and I tried other browsers as well. Is their anyway I can speed up the performance? Thank You in Advnace! 

28 minutes ago, Twisterboy said:

I downgraded, but some icons like for example the maxthon forum site. Next to the quote should be a + but its not present their. It's instead represented by a tiny box. 

not enough info there - whats the spec of the pc - what else are you running in the background - what is the speed of your internet connection - do you see graphic problems with other browsers - etc etc - i have seen graphics not loaded on both 4.4 and 4.9 on one website i visit but thats down to hosting problems and nothing to do with the browser 

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

13 minutes ago, Tony said:

not enough info there - whats the spec of the pc - what else are you running in the background - what is the speed of your internet connection - do you see graphic problems with other browsers - etc etc - i have seen graphics not loaded on both 4.4 and 4.9 on one website i visit but thats down to hosting problems and nothing to do with the browser 

Icons don't show up on browsing. I'm running windows 10 Pro AMD A4 Quad core 6GB Ram and a radeon graphics card 

screenshot.png

3 minutes ago, Twisterboy said:

Icons don't show up on browsing. I'm running windows 10 Pro AMD A4 Quad core 6GB Ram and a radeon graphics card 

screenshot.png

odd - as said have seen similar but never here - usual advice is try a clean install or a portable version also remove or disable and extensions and see if that helps

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

6 hours ago, Tony said:

odd - as said have seen similar but never here - usual advice is try a clean install or a portable version also remove or disable and extensions and see if that helps

You tell him tony! Why didn't you give him your usual advice before asking his specs?

It isn't an issue I have using M4.9.2.1000

MaxthonSnap20160427180808.png

4 hours ago, Tony said:

After a clean uninstall and reinstall the problem still did not resolve. 

23 minutes ago, Twisterboy said:

Changed it from western to Unicode (UTF-8). Still no difference. :(

How are you doing your clean installs? Are you using any files from 4.4.8 by copying and pasting?

M4.4.8 may have this issue(I don't use it any more, but I seem to remember it did) because of the rendering engine it uses. This is not something that Maxthon team can fix. M4.9 does not have the issue.

Just now, PHYR said:

Don't like what I have to say? It won't work with M4.4.8.xxx, nothing more to say................

I'm sorry I downgraded from 4.9 due to unbearable issues. I then uninstall-ed the beta and went back and saw this issue. 

On 4/28/2016, 12:06:51, HPB1 said:

Same for me :(

Untitled20160428120348.png

I too see this, but it is a normal switch when the browser window width is smaller than a certtain size.  The "headerr row in the Forum where the menus display horizszontally on the left and the cicons on the right b both collaps into a simplfied form with a single menu on the left and simple icons on the right as sshown in yourr screen shot.  My solution is stretch the window width large neough to make the header row display as you want it.

I'm not sure,but it looks like you are in split screen mode.  You might not have enough screen realestate to stretch the window enough.  

To check this, switch between fulll screen and the minimum window width Maxthon permits.

<<SL>>

4 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

I too see this, but it is a normal switch when the browser window width is smaller than a certtain size.  The "headerr row in the Forum where the menus display horizszontally on the left and the cicons on the right b both collaps into a simplfied form with a single menu on the left and simple icons on the right as sshown in yourr screen shot.  My solution is stretch the window width large neough to make the header row display as you want it.

I'm not sure,but it looks like you are in split screen mode.  You might not have enough screen realestate to stretch the window enough.  

To check this, switch between fulll screen and the minimum window width Maxthon permits.

<<SL>>

He's using 4.4.8, there is no issue with 4.9.

With 4.9 the forum header moves to the hamburger menu when the window is reduced in width.

MaxthonSnap20160430093814.pngMaxthonSnap20160430093421.png

I just upgraded to the newest beta version 4.9.3.100 beta I guess thats correct? Anyway I never use the forums much but everything is working fine for me, browser runs fast, I had a issue where I could not make ANY POSTS or anything here in the forums the other day , it wasnt showing the "quote" option or the normal stuff it did when I came to check out the threads to see what was going on at the time when the Maxthon homepage wasnt loading at all.. I dont have but a few  add on's I noticed when i used Chrome browser and had alot it slowed my browser down somewhat. But I rarely ever use Chrome browser, ive been using Maxthon since 2012 and its always been great IMO.  Does anyone suggest a better version than the recent 4.9.3.100 beta version?  Before a few days ago im not sure which version i actually had, I just went to Maxthon dot com and clicked the download for windows. Figuring that would be the current version.   

I am using windows 7 Intelcore vpro i5, 4GB Ram, 64bit.  I cant recall right off what my graphics card is. 

Everything is working now though. I manually updated flash, dunno if that had any thing to do with it or not. Im in the USA..  

47 minutes ago, dlaw74 said:

I had a issue where I could not make ANY POSTS or anything here in the forums the other day , it wasnt showing the "quote" option or the normal stuff it did when I came to check out the threads to see what was going on at the time when the Maxthon homepage wasnt loading at all..

That's because there is a time limit between posts, which was put in place in an attempt to limit the amount of Spam we were getting.

38 minutes ago, dlaw74 said:

Which in your opion is the best version?

If you are not having any problems, then that is the version that is working best for you.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

I upgraded back to Maxthon 4.9, but the animations are so choppy compared to the final version :/

6 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

That's because there is a time limit between posts, which was put in place in an attempt to limit the amount of Spam we were getting.

If you are not having any problems, then that is the version that is working best for you.

Is their any way I can make the animations less choppy on 4.9? Do I need to do a clean install? Or perhaps install the portable version? 

25 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Can you give us a link to take a look at and see if we can see anything that could be causing the choppiness?

As you can see, when you click on opening a new tab the animations are very choppy, it takes a long time to load the new tab page. This was not present in the last build. 

ScreenCaptureProject1.mp4

Yes, that's been discussed before and is one of the anomalies that has to be worked on.  If you find it intolerable, then I suggest you revert back to the previous install that did not have that problem.  Just remember to do a clean install.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

4 hours ago, Twisterboy said:

As you can see, when you click on opening a new tab the animations are very choppy, it takes a long time to load the new tab page. This was not present in the last build. 

ScreenCaptureProject1.mp4

although page don't load as fast as with 4.4, it's faster on my system than on yours... and new tab loads instantaneously.  extensions may slow you system, if you have some did you try to disable them to see if it works faster ?

sigmax2.png

11 hours ago, -ody- said:

although page don't load as fast as with 4.4, it's faster on my system than on yours... and new tab loads instantaneously.  extensions may slow you system, if you have some did you try to disable them to see if it works faster ?

I only have 1 other extension along with the extensions it already came with, so it shouldn't be slowing it down. I even had more extensions on the previous version and everything was instantaneous. 

I downgraded from the newest 4.9 beta back to the most current version for windows. In the 4.9 I found myself constantly having to reload pages or their would be broken links or iimages , since the downgrade its been good to go . 

Archived