Site Icons On Bookmark Bar

2 hours ago, m▲gg said:

It has to be in some way related to user location - only users from EU have issues with update .

And I always try on clean portable version... without succes.

same here, clean install. I just tried with latest update (4.9.3.200).. no success it stops at 226 (and the 226th is one of my sites so I am sure it works lol)

sigmax2.png

2 hours ago, m▲gg said:

It has to be in some way related to user location - only users from EU have issues with update .

just run it on a clean install and it worked fine - was surprised to see i had 417 in favourites - will have to reduce that but it went through to the end - no delay on last fav as has happened in the past - so if its a location thing then UK is not part of it any more 

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Just now, Tony said:

just run it on a clean install and it worked fine - was surprised to see i had 417 in favourites - will have to reduce that but it went through to the end - no delay on last fav as has happened in the past - so if its a location thing then UK is not part of it any more 

it's because of Brexit :D

sigmax2.png

Just now, -ody- said:

it's because of Brexit :D

may be - sooner we are out of it the better :p - you should join us - unfortunately its not a done deal [yet]

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

11 hours ago, -ody- said:

same here, clean install. I just tried with latest update (4.9.3.200)

14 hours ago, m▲gg said:

But have you tried exporting your current favourites to a html file, then importing them into a clean version and then doing the favicon update?

Don't do anything else - no passport related stuff, no extra options/extensions etc, just the fav's from a HTML file.

12 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

But have you tried exporting your current favourites to a html file, then importing them into a clean version and then doing the favicon update?

Don't do anything else - no passport related stuff, no extra options/extensions etc, just the fav's from a HTML file.

Yes, that exactly what I do - import fav's from HTML.

Once again - no problem with 4.4.8 - with almost 300 favorites - all site icons works just fine.

55 minutes ago, m▲gg said:

Yes, that exactly what I do - import fav's from HTML.

Ok then, never got that from previous replies.

So any chance of testing the below?

15 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Does anyone have access to another net connection or phone to see if that somehow has something to do with it?

14 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

So any chance of testing the below?

Also already mentioned by me (in our internal forum) - I have tried on my work's net - different ISP, the same problem :wacko:.

So it is not the network problem...

53 minutes ago, m▲gg said:

Also already mentioned by me (in our internal forum) - I have tried on my work's net - different ISP, the same problem :wacko:.

So it is not the network problem...

I removed lots of sites from favs ( including all 404 ones), I also removed successively the first non working favicon at least three times in a raw. 

Actually all the sites in red on the screen capture need a password, is this the reason ? @m▲gg  can you confirm this ?

fav.thumb.png.b8e9596ecffa3a73533be56b50

sigmax2.png

1 hour ago, -ody- said:

I removed lots of sites from favs ( including all 404 ones), I also removed successively the first non working favicon at least three times in a raw. 

Actually all the sites in red on the screen capture need a password, is this the reason ? @m▲gg  can you confirm this ?

fav.thumb.png.b8e9596ecffa3a73533be56b50

Not in my case Ody. A lot of my fav's are just main page of websites (openuserjs.org or some youtube channels for example). Some screens to compare are already here http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/18940-changelog-for-maxthon-test-version-4911000/#comment-98180

45 minutes ago, BugMiss006 said:

Could everyone, who have this site icon update problem, message or pm me your country?

Thanks a lot~

(From) Poland (with love!) my dear agent 006 :D

3 hours ago, m▲gg said:

Not in my case Ody. A lot of my fav's are just main page of websites (openuserjs.org or some youtube channels for example). Some screens to compare are already here http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/18940-changelog-for-maxthon-test-version-4911000/#comment-98180

(From) Poland (with love!) my dear agent 006 :D

"from a very old french witch..."

sigmax2.png

another odd thing : you can launch updater tool from two places :

• from fav manager in side bar : partially works

fav1.thumb.png.ec1654d173ade97e2adb7b75b

• from fav manager in expanded favorites window. When you launch it from expanded windows, none of the favicon works.

favico.thumb.png.73de06154ef18cd87156bc1

sigmax2.png

10 hours ago, -ody- said:

another odd thing : you can launch updater tool from two places :

• from fav manager in side bar : partially works

• from fav manager in expanded favorites window. When you launch it from expanded windows, none of the favicon works.

Little update from today - now update icons doesn't work again :mad:.

Tried both methods of update from Ody's post above on clean portable version, without logging to my passport, fav's imported from HTML (no av/ firewall, no problems with my network connection...).

Of course works just fine in 4.4.8.2000 :))

Notatka20160430004003.png

Archived