Site Icons On Bookmark Bar

20 hours ago, jayman41 said:

Anyway to get the site icons up without requiring any text or character? I prefer for the icons to stand alone.

at the moment you can have text alone ore both icon and text...

as a workaround you can manually edit your favorites and remove the title (leave a dot, I know there's a way to display a space, but can't remember how, @PHYR will probably be able to help)

sigmax2.png

21 minutes ago, jayman41 said:

Yeah, I did the manual edit, trying the period (dot) and then eventually going with the first letter of the site name. Not sure how a space after a period helps.

It's not a space after the period.  Just edit the Favorite on the Favorites Bar, then delete everything that is in "Title" line, then hold down your left Alt key and type 255.  That's all there is to it and you will be left with only the Site Icon.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

3 hours ago, BugMiss006 said:

Maybe can add a disabled option of "title". I have sent your proposal to design team~

what will happen to groups (no icon) ? and to sites which display a blank icon ? I have several of them...

drop.thumb.png.a5c76700c67a537b15741f90c

sigmax2.png

24 minutes ago, BugMiss006 said:

Ody~ which version of maxthon you using? I use 4.9.3.100. It has icon.

QQ截图20160427133833.png

4.9.3.100 and lot of icons are missing (icon updater tool does not work : already mentionned many times by Magg, several  users and myself :(...)

sigmax2.png

2 minutes ago, -ody- said:

4.9.3.100 and lot of icons are missing (icon updater tool does not work : already mentionned many times by Magg, several  users and myself :(...)

strange... Let me ask the technical people this should be caused by which reason, and we have a check.

17 minutes ago, BugMiss006 said:

strange... Let me ask the technical people this should be caused by which reason, and we have a check.

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/19726-changelog-for-maxthon-test-version-493100/&do=findComment&comment=101256 and several other posts in EA

(makes me wonder if anyone among you and devs does ever go to EA and read what we post there....)

sigmax2.png

20 hours ago, -ody- said:

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/19726-changelog-for-maxthon-test-version-493100/&do=findComment&comment=101256 and several other posts in EA

(makes me wonder if anyone among you and devs does ever go to EA and read what we post there....)

our fault, so busy recently. we have people see EA post and reply. I will try my best to solve it ASAP.

Hi, ody. I find a way to solve it, please have a try. If it won't work, we can try others.

go to side bar on the left of your browser - click "Favorites" button - click “More commands” button - click "Update site icons" button - click "start".

If it work well, please tell me. Thanks very much~

QQ截图20160428103430.png

QQ截图20160428103545.png

QQ截图20160428103602.png

QQ截图20160428103619.png

25 minutes ago, BugMiss006 said:

our fault, so busy recently. we have people see EA post and reply. I will try my best to solve it ASAP.

Hi, ody. I find a way to solve it, please have a try. If it won't work, we can try others.

go to side bar on the left of your browser - click "Favorites" button - click “More commands” button - click "Update site icons" button - click "start".

You got to be kidding..............

52 minutes ago, BugMiss006 said:

That's the point - this (Update site icons) doesn't work at all !

Here is another user http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/19641-maxthon-49-błędy/&page=5#comment-101654 with exactly the same issue.

48 minutes ago, m▲gg said:

That's the point - this (Update site icons) doesn't work at all !

Here is another user http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/19641-maxthon-49-błędy/&page=5#comment-101654 with exactly the same issue.

Works fine on M4.9.3.100, but I use only 250 bookmarks. The problem is when you use more than 250~and more, that's the issue here.

I think we're getting way off track here.

OP wants icons only on the favourites bar. This can't be done via any maxthon option, but can be done by removing the title and replacing it with an invisible character as noted above. Folders/groups won't have any icon as they don't have any icon associated with them, so will still show title only. But if you set one folder as your favbar folder, then I don't think that is too much of an issue as it's only showing frequently used sites.

The favicons not showing/being updated is another problem entirely.

4 hours ago, -ody- said:

yes and no : I would remove text if I had working icons.... 

Another way is :

use “Windows + R” to open run window - input "%appdata%" - click "ok" - open "Maxthon3" folder - open "Public" folder

then you can see a folder named "Site icon" - rename it as "Site icon1"

next repeat the "Update site icons" operations I mentioned in last reply.

Please have a try and tell me it work or not~ Thanks, girl~

1.png

39 minutes ago, BugMiss006 said:

Another way is :

use “Windows + R” to open run window - input "%appdata%" - click "ok" - open "Maxthon3" folder - open "Public" folder

then you can see a folder named "Site icon" - rename it as "Site icon1"

next repeat the "Update site icons" operations I mentioned in last reply.

Please have a try and tell me it work or not~ Thanks, girl~

1.png

when I perform a clean install I delete all maxthon files in appdata and it did not fix it.

20 minutes ago, Tony said:

love it :titter: - ody is 150 as far as i know - 'girl' hardly fits :p

150 ??? you're so cute...actually I'm closer to 197...

sigmax2.png

3 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

I have never had a problem with site icons being updated.  Only time it slows down is on the very last one and that one takes about 20 seconds to finish.

It looks like only people living in Europe have this issue... could be network related.

sigmax2.png

1 minute ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

I have never had a problem with site icons being updated.  Only time it slows down is on the very last one and that one takes about 20 seconds to finish.

Site Icon Update.png

i have had mixed success - using the early builds of 4.9 i had more blank icons than site icons but of late its worked perfectly and as No1 the only slowdown is the last icon - but its always been like that though 3 and 4

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

7 hours ago, PHYR said:

Works fine on M4.9.3.100, but I use only 250 bookmarks. The problem is when you use more than 250~and more, that's the issue here.

Thanks for this!

It's just a workaround for now but certainly works great.

Reducing my favorites to 249 did the job.

Notatka20160428133105.png

552 icons here. All ok apart from dead links. So being eu related seems to still ring true.

Would really be nice to know the cause of this? Can someone test a clean portable version with importing fav's from your installed MX and see what happens? At least then we might be able to narrow down the problem.

If it still happens on a clean install, then it's related to the way the favicons get updated (or the amount?). If not, there's something else at play relating to connection possibly?

Going out on a limb here, but could be network related. Lot's of outbound connections in a short period of time might look suspicious, so they're being dropped or blocked. 

Does anyone have access to another net connection or phone to see if that somehow has something to do with it?

59 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Not exactly true.  I have 256 and as you can see by my post, I have no problem.

8 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

552 icons here. All ok apart from dead links. So being eu related seems to still ring true.

Would really be nice to know the cause of this? Can someone test a clean portable version with importing fav's from your installed MX and see what happens? At least then we might be able to narrow down the problem.

If it still happens on a clean install, then it's related to the way the favicons get updated (or the amount?). If not, there's something else at play relating to connection possibly?

Going out on a limb here, but could be network related. Lot's of outbound connections in a short period of time might look suspicious, so they're being dropped or blocked. 

Does anyone have access to another net connection or phone to see if that somehow has something to do with it?

It has to be in some way related to user location - only users from EU have issues with update .

And I always try on clean portable version... without succes.

Archived