[WinPC Resolved] Steam Site and Request Header Or Cookie Too Large problems

First problem is for Steam site I have this problem on picture. Changing Retro mode, UserAgent Strings and encoding did not help. Also I've tried to downgrade version of browser (I'm on 4.9.2.1000 now), but this didn't help.

Second problem is for some sites that after several entering  show me this 400 Bad Request. Request Header Or Cookie Too Large. I triedclear cookies but it helps for small time and returns after some time. On other browser (FireFox/SeaMonkey) I can get around this issue with blocking usage cookies on site. Please, can you add function to block cookies usage for specific sites?

Добро пожаловать в Steam_20160423095839.png

1 hour ago, BugMiss006 said:

good morning, rogue. I think it's a good idea. I will transfer this proposal to our design team.

Meanwhile, I also wanna ensure it's not a bug firstly. Could you send me the website link of the steam site and it happen after how long steam?

Thanks, bro.

I have never had that problem on http://store.steampowered.com/ and I visit it almost daily.

2 hours ago, roguelike said:

Funny thing, logged out copy of browser shows steam site in normal state. I tried clear cookies and cache again, after half a hour I have this problem with steam. Odd...

What settings are different using your guest account? You might also try disabling extensions while using your account.

I'm using all default extensions (adblock too) + ViolentMonkey with bettertv script (it works only on twitch.tv)

Hmm... I have a question: i'm updating browser with copy/paste folders to the my portable folder and in Core folder I have Webkit folder (looks like its from older versions). Can it do bad things to Maxthon work? Nothing happen when I delete it?

27 minutes ago, roguelike said:

(looks like its from older versions). Can it do bad things to Maxthon work? Nothing happen when I delete it?

Shouldn't affect anything, it just won't be used as the correct files for MX4.9 are in the blink folder.

27 minutes ago, roguelike said:

i'm updating browser with copy/paste folders to the my portable folder

When importing data between versions you only need to import the Userdata folder.

Extract the new version
Copy the Userdata folder from the old version to the newly extracted version
Start

I don't think that is related to your issue though. As PHYR noted, if it's working when logged out but not when logged in, then there is something in your account that is causing the issue.

6 hours ago, roguelike said:

I tried clear cookies and cache again, after half a hour I have this problem with steam. Odd...

Try the same again, but just clear cache and check. Then try with only clearing cookies and check. If it happens with one and not the other then you know where too look more closely.

19 hours ago, roguelike said:

Funny thing, logged out copy of browser shows steam site in normal state. I tried clear cookies and cache again, after half a hour I have this problem with steam. Odd...

I think it may be caused by buffer/cookie space is not enough large. Usually, browser's buffer has been saved in a folder in C:/

I think, you can press "Win + R" keyboard > run "%temp%" and press "Enter" > find the folder "Maxthon3cache", and have a check the folder's size.

3 hours ago, BugMiss006 said:

I think it may be caused by buffer/cookie space is not enough large. Usually, browser's buffer has been saved in a folder in C:/

That doesn't make sense. The user is using the same install on the same system, just when logging into passport they get the error, when not logged in they don't. The cache folder will be the same. And they've cleared it numerous times.

Okay, I updated browser to latest avalaible beta and know what? Steam site works just fine. No problem with missed pictures or background, no messed around things. I really dont know how explain this. Mystery... I really hope that on newest stable release steam site wiil be wrk fine. 

10 hours ago, roguelike said:

Okay, I updated browser to latest avalaible beta and know what? Steam site works just fine. No problem with missed pictures or background, no messed around things. I really dont know how explain this. Mystery... I really hope that on newest stable release steam site wiil be wrk fine. 

glad latest update fixed it (one way or another..)

sigmax2.png

Archived