Maxthon cause the system stops responding

And I can not write to the Maxthon-forum using Maxthon (Input form is not available to write). In other forums - everything is fine

Maxthon_.thumb.JPG.801a3525639291c443513

2 minutes ago, -ody- said:

maybe you can tell us which version of maxthon ?

In the first message: "Maxthon Browser for Windows V4.9.2.1000...

6 minutes ago, Rainman said:

And I can not write to the Maxthon-forum using Maxthon (Input form is not available to write). In other forums - everything is fine

Maxthon_.thumb.JPG.801a3525639291c443513

In the first message: "Maxthon Browser for Windows V4.9.2.1000...

thank you for having edited your first post with the missing informations... 

did you change your user agent ?

sigmax2.png

to confirm - i had a working system with 4.9.2.1000rc - windows 10 updated and that gave me cpu problems - upto 100% and when i closed Maxthon there were still processes open in task manager - cpu usage had fallen to about 30% - when i closed the open processes of Maxthon cpu usage fell to a few %

updating to 4.9.2.1000 changed nothing - running a 4.4 version the cpu usage was fine so i blamed 4.9.2 until ody said all was fine with her after a windows update

i went back to an earlier version of windows 10 and allowed it to auto update whilst running 4.9.2.1000 - after this update cpu usage has been fine - totally non conclusive but interesting you saw it on 8.1 - that moves my thinking back to maxthon being the problem but no idea why

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

On 4/20/2016, 12:36:55, Tony said:

to confirm - i had a working system with 4.9.2.1000rc - windows 10 updated and that gave me cpu problems - upto 100% and when i closed Maxthon there were still processes open in task manager - cpu usage had fallen to about 30% - when i closed the open processes of Maxthon cpu usage fell to a few %

updating to 4.9.2.1000 changed nothing - running a 4.4 version the cpu usage was fine so i blamed 4.9.2 until ody said all was fine with her after a windows update

i went back to an earlier version of windows 10 and allowed it to auto update whilst running 4.9.2.1000 - after this update cpu usage has been fine - totally non conclusive but interesting you saw it on 8.1 - that moves my thinking back to maxthon being the problem but no idea why

Hello Tony,

What is the last version you used ? How about logging out Maxthon account?

• 4 weeks later...

After many hours of observation, my version of the diagnosis:
Windows stops responding when the Maxthon's window changes size, focus, reveals or hides the game in a separate window, or perform other actions related to animation
I saw the Maxthon (window) is reduced, and then increases when it gets focus: the system shows the peak load! A black bar appears at the top and to the right.
Also, problems arise when the old tab (forgotten for a while) gets focus: while refreshing that is triggered automatically.

Archived