Incorrect account or password

Hello and congratulations of making this nice and fast browser.

After having installed it on my computer (OS: Windows 7 x64), I decided to make a Maxthon Passport account.

The whole process went well and the account is ready and confirmed.

My problem is that I cannot connect using my login credentials, as it returns "Incorrect account or password".

From the my.maxthon web-page I can login and logout normally.

I've also tried to install the browser on a smartphone (OS: Android Lollipop). From there, I've managed to login into my Maxthon Passport account without problem and using the same shared connection with the PC. I can also see my Android device in the Account Settings > Device Management option from the web-page.

I am not behind a firewall or a proxy server. I've tried to delete the relevant Maxthon3 folder from the Users directory, so to start it with default settings, but I still get the same error.

Any idea what should I try to do?

Thank you for any answers.

7 hours ago, astral_cyborg said:

My problem is that I cannot connect using my login credentials, as it returns "Incorrect account or password".

Hi, try to install this version to see if it works better : http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/19459-maxthon-browser-for-windows-v492600-beta-released/

sigmax2.png

Hello.

I've installed the beta version from the link, but unfortunately the problem remains.

Today, I've tried installing Maxthon (both stable and beta versions) in a different PC, also running Windows 7 x64 bit. I got the same error when I tried logging in through the browser.

On 2016/4/5 上午6:28:59, astral_cyborg said:

The whole process went well and the account is ready and confirmed.

It has been confirmed as a bug. It only happen on some newer account. It could be a server problem. We will fix it soon~ sorry for this inconvenience.

15 hours ago, astral_cyborg said:

Hello.

I've installed the beta version from the link, but unfortunately the problem remains.

Today, I've tried installing Maxthon (both stable and beta versions) in a different PC, also running Windows 7 x64 bit. I got the same error when I tried logging in through the browser.

Fix this bug need time. We don't want it influence you using your maxthon. Our developer provide a quick access method now: go to http://my.maxthon.com/login.html , login your account, go to "account setting", change any one information in basic information and save it. Then you will can connect using your login credentials in browser. 

Have a try. If you still cannot login, please let me know. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Chirpii said:

Hi! Guys, help me please. in 11.04 I created an account, but I can't login in browser. Passport - yes, Forum - yes, browser - no (wrong password or email). I tried many versions and nothing =(

merged

sigmax2.png

Hello

I have problem with my Maxthon account/passport. I can´t log in:-/ Its weird, because on my android phone and via my.maxthon.com I can log without problems, but in Maxthon Cloud  Browser I cant. Square on upper left, where is my avatar...there I cant log in...its write "bad account or password"

When i change password at my.maxthon.com all is ok, but If I put this paswword to account in Maxthon Cloud, always type me error.:-(

Can you help me?

Thank you

And sorry my english, Im from Czech republic

Cheers

F7R

4 hours ago, F7R said:

Hello

I have problem with my Maxthon account/passport. I can´t log in:-/ Its weird, because on my android phone and via my.maxthon.com I can log without problems, but in Maxthon Cloud  Browser I cant. Square on upper left, where is my avatar...there I cant log in...its write "bad account or password"

When i change password at my.maxthon.com all is ok, but If I put this paswword to account in Maxthon Cloud, always type me error.:-(

Can you help me?

Thank you

And sorry my english, Im from Czech republic

Cheers

F7R

merged

sigmax2.png

Hello, I am also having this issue... I am running Windows 10 Pro and have Maxthon v4.9.2.1000.

I've already installed this browser 3 times and changed a part of basic information or even ALL of it with no avail.

Any other suggestions you may throw at me? =(

I am in the same situation and will soon be uninstalling Maxthon from all of my machines.  

It was until now a fantastic browser fast and secure.  Now it seems worthless if I have to save all of my favs and data to a file just incase my PC crashes.  

I have tried all of the methods above even used a different email address, I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail.  

Despite it now being over 3 weeks since this bug which you say you are aware of, it was first reported 4th April in a different thread, you still have not fixed it!!!:huh:

Come on guys please pull your finger out, or I can bet there will be many more jump ship for chrome or another browser. All was well in the world of Maxthon until the latest update so back pedal and find the code that threw us all out.

And one other thing, I created a ticket asking for help on this matter and as of yet 12 days have passed with NO REPLY.

hy peoples

im from switzerland and my english is not the best

i installed maxton, i create a user and i can log in, see my dashboard. 
But wenn i try to login in the browser, the browser say the password or email is incorrect

the password and email is correct, i can login on the website, but the login from the browser himself it dosnt works

please help and i hope you understand my problem

Thanks 

9 hours ago, CH-Nötzli said:

hy peoples

But wenn i try to login in the browser, the browser say the password or email is incorrect

the password and email is correct, i can login on the website, but the login from the browser himself it dosnt works

Thanks 

merged

sigmax2.png

10 hours ago, CH-Nötzli said:

hy peoples

Thanks 

Hi~ please pm me your UID and I can help you. Thanks~

• 3 weeks later...

why i can't login into my account although password correct, but i receive notification password incorrect. I was reset password many times, but i still can't login.

please help me.

Just now, Paladin Nguyễn said:

why i can't login into my account although password correct, but i receive notification password incorrect. I was reset password many times, but i still can't login.

please help me.

Untitled.png

33 minutes ago, Paladin Nguyễn said:

please help me.

Untitled.png

merged

sigmax2.png

On 2016/5/14 at 1:34 AM, -ody- said:

merged

Big Thanks~ :top:

On 2016/5/14 at 1:01 AM, Paladin Nguyễn said:

please help me.

Hello, Paladin. Sorry for this inconvenience. Thanks you provide those clear information for fixing the problem.

It seems be fixed, please have a try. and please tell me the result. Thanks very much and looking forward to your response~

Archived