is it possible to move "app data/.../maxthon"

43 minutes ago, Arcan said:

Is there any way to move the following folder:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Users

to a different location?  I ran out of space in C and I would like to move it to D:\ drive. 

I split the topic (not a cache issue)

sigmax2.png

@-ody-, sorry, I thought the User information was also a kind of "cache".

@7twenty , what do you mean by "you can do anything about it from Maxthon" ?   How could I change it from maxthon? 
Can I crate a hardlink from  C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Users  to  D:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Users ?  If so, can you advise on how to do it?  Thanks.

Sorry, there was a typo in there - missing can't.

You can use Windows to create a symbolic link to D: by entering the following from a CMD window:

mklink /D C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Users D:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Users

The folder will still show up as normal, but clicking the folder and all data will be automatically transferred to the D: folder. So Maxthon will think it's going to C:, but Windows is actually moving it to D:.

Before doing this i'd recommend backing up all your data in that folder to ensure that if something does go wrong you can restore it. Also ensure that the paths are correct and the folders exist.

More info can be found here. If you're at all unsure, ask for more info or read the link. Also test on an empty test folder to understand how it works and what you're doing.

Archived