Can't download anything with with Maxthon

I can't download anything with with Maxthon, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Maxthon with no (downloading) success.

I get a message like this  'X Not found >0% 0 bytes/x.xxMB' every time I try to download anything.

I am able to use Google Chrome to download things, but not Maxthon at all. I have been given a list of possible solutions by the Maxthon team and tried them all, but to no avail. If anyone has had a similar problem then some help would be appreciated

So you get the download location dialog asking where you want to download the file to? Then in the downloader window you get the X Not found error?

Does it show that the file does download, then the error shows when complete? Or is does it happen once you click ok on the download location dialog?

If you can provide a screenshot of the dialogs just to make things clearer.

And can you note what you have been told by Maxthon support, so we know what has been tried already?

Also try going through the steps in the troubleshooting thread and see if that helps out at all.

Thanks for replying

I have found my problem and hence a solution. I had my download location as C:/ and nothing would download there, stupid me. I changed it to C:\Users\XX\Desktop\ and the problem is no longer a problem

Thanks again

On 4/9/2016 9:11:39, dagoz said:

Thanks for replying

I have found my problem and hence a solution. I had my download location as C:/ and nothing would download there, stupid me. I changed it to C:\Users\XX\Desktop\ and the problem is no longer a problem

Thanks again

Interesting...so you couldn't download anything directly to your C hard disk ?!

8 hours ago, BugSir007 said:

so you couldn't download anything directly to your C hard disk ?!

You can't download anything to the root of C: unless you start MX as an admin. Maxthon wasn't running as admin so the download was failing. Nothing wrong with the source or the downloader, except that Maxthon didn't give an error stating why it could write to the drive.

15 hours ago, 7twenty said:

You can't download anything to the root of C: unless you start MX as an admin. Maxthon wasn't running as admin so the download was failing. Nothing wrong with the source or the downloader, except that Maxthon didn't give an error stating why it could write to the drive.

IS it possible to let the users know that the download location isn't available ? some warning message ?

sigmax2.png

55 minutes ago, -ody- said:

IS it possible to let the users know that the download location isn't available ? some warning message ?

the problem is not Maxthon but windows - that said its not really a problem its by design to protect the OS

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

6 hours ago, Tony said:

will have to test it but i thought windows gave a warning

Yes, windows gives an admin prompt to confirm the action. Maxthon seems to ignore it, or more to the point just errors out without letting the user know why.

Archived