Missing features on my Maxthon??

Hello, Guys!  My name (or online name is B7U3 C50SS)  umm so yah..  I'VE BEEN USING Maxthon a little over a year now. but when i updated to 4.9, ever since then some features dissapeared off of my GUI. I don't know why and the settings seem to be not the cause. but if look at the picture i've provided. it shows a lack of some of the most usefull pc features that i've been using  awhile now. they are just gone. or not showing rather. someone help? Maybe a fresh install is what i need?

dr17QoR.png 

EDIT: UPDATE - I JUST TRIED INSTALLING THE LATEST BETA, OR WHAT I TIHNK IS THE LATEST  BETA. AND THE SEARCH BAR AND ONE OF THOSE MISSING BUTTONS CAME BACK FOUND HERE: http://dl.maxthon.com/mx4/mx4.9.2.600-beta.exe

MD5: 0ce3d11dde294bee1a99062194d47cb9

As posted by Vice Admin @BugMiss006

It seems, I've solved my own issue. BUT NOT ALL OF THOSE BUTTONS HAVE RETURNED! 

THE MOST IMPORTANT BUTTONS THAT HAVEN'T RETURNED ARE 1. THE ONE THAT DISPLAYS YOUR PUCLIC IP (WHICH I DON'T REALLY CARE FOR) AND 2. THE ONETHAT SLPITS THE PAGE INTO 2 PAGES FOR MANAGABLE BROWSING.

1 hour ago, B7U3 C50SS said:

THE MOST IMPORTANT BUTTONS THAT HAVEN'T RETURNED ARE 1. THE ONE THAT DISPLAYS YOUR PUCLIC IP (WHICH I DON'T REALLY CARE FOR) AND 2. THE ONETHAT SLPITS THE PAGE INTO 2 PAGES FOR MANAGABLE BROWSING.

this is not a bug... these features may come back in the future (or may not :(...)

sigmax2.png

11 hours ago, -ody- said:

this is not a bug... these features may come back in the future (or may not :(...)

ohh... that's sad to hear.... i really like those. well at least one of them. why did the maxthon devs get rid of them? were not enouugh people using them?

It's because Mx is updating it's core from Chrome 30 (Webkit) to Chrome 39 (Blink). The Chrome 39 based core is a version linking Maxthon 4 and 5. Maxthon 5 will be Chrome 40+ (hopefully 50+). In order to carry out this update many popular and useful features needed to be removed (albeit temporarily) or switched off while the core is changed, stabilized and optimized. This is happening now. Some features have been reintegrated. Others are in the code but have not been switched back on for the moment. Many people have complained but few, if any of the complainants have ever bothered to read the original or subsequent Press Releases or searched for the various forum threads concerning the matter. The latest Release Candidate 4.9.2.1000 is by far the best  of the 4.9 series.

From http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/18231-new-generation-maxthon-browser-for-windows-v49/

Changelog of Mx V4.9.0.2200-beta [ 2015-12-17]

Optimizations and Fixes:
 -Start-up speed was significantly optimized
-Browser core updated to Chrome 39
-Optimized Print and Print Preview 
-Optimized Touchscreen Zoom Effect
-Improved Spell Check and automatic spell check dictionary
-Supported Tab Mute
-Improved Reader mode
-Optimized Developer tools
-Supported Remembrance of  page zoom
-Optimized Smooth Scroll

Temporarily missing features:
-Third party download tool support
-Cloud Tabs
-Force to specify page font 
-Split screen
-Night mode
-Skin switch

There are other missing features as well as these mentioned while Skin Switch has been reintroduced.

Archived