proxy button 4.9.2.600

-ody-

23 minutes ago, PHYR said:

Proxy button shows if it is in use.(using IE proxy for example)

yes, but considering it's in "view option" and not the setting itself, it shouldn't show if option is unchecked, whether it's in use or not (not logical)

sigmax2.png

1 hour ago, -ody- said:

yes, but considering it's in "view option" and not the setting itself, it shouldn't show if option is unchecked,

Working correctly here. If disabled from view menu it doesn't show in address bar. If enabled it shows whether proxy is enabled/disabled.

have you checked a clean version to confirm the same happens?

33 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

Working correctly here. If disabled from view menu it doesn't show in address bar. If enabled it shows whether proxy is enabled/disabled.

fresh clean install, no passport....

proxy.thumb.png.57600a0d6d238323049a8d63

sigmax2.png

13 minutes ago, m▲gg said:

Ody you have to check/ set No Proxy in Mx settings under Proxy tab.

It works since I remember.

yes and IE proxy is checked here, but that's not my point : I just don't want to see this button in address bar, whether I use a proxy or not, which should be the purpose of the setting in view : if the button shows whenever it's checked or not, then the setting is useless.

sigmax2.png

10 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Forgive me, but you don't state whether or not it shows when proxy is enabled but disabled from view which is what ody is referring to.

For the record, this is the way it has worked in every version since its introduction so there is no need to check on a clean install.

9 hours ago, -ody- said:

yes and IE proxy is checked here, but that's not my point : I just don't want to see this button in address bar, whether I use a proxy or not, which should be the purpose of the setting in view : if the button shows whenever it's checked or not, then the setting is useless.

It's not useless if proxy is disabled :wink:

20 minutes ago, PHYR said:

Forgive me, but you don't state whether or not it shows when proxy is enabled but disabled from view which is what ody is referring to.

You're correct, it still displays when a proxy is in use. I must have overlooked that part when i replied initially. 

8 hours ago, PHYR said:

It's not useless if proxy is disabled :wink:

Of course if you absolutely want to be right, we can state that, although it does not work this way with other features like ultra/retro button....

so twist it the way you want, this behavior is neither consistent with the way other buttons behave, nor logical (again we're speaking of an item in view menu and not of a function).

sigmax2.png

30 minutes ago, -ody- said:

Of course if you absolutely want to be right, we can state that, although it does not work this way with other features like ultra/retro button....

so twist it the way you want, this behavior is neither consistent with the way other buttons behave, nor logical (again we're speaking of an item in view menu and not of a function).

It's an issue that was discussed at length in the old forum. 

22 hours ago, -ody- said:

although proxy button is unchecked, it still shows (4.9.2.600)

proxy.thumb.png.eecac31a66a7a4f0ae699d5a

Hi, Ody~

It doesn't matter. It's normal, not a bug. The browser has been designed like this. If you are using any proxy, like IE proxy, the proxy button will be shown. Only when you disable proxy, it will disappear.

On 3/31/2016, 6:08:31, -ody- said:

yes, but considering it's in "view option" and not the setting itself, it shouldn't show if option is unchecked, whether it's in use or not (not logical)

It's been that way for me for a long time, long beforre 4.9.he thing I aalways have to set in a new install iss the switch core icon.  Proxy is alwys there and it's never checked.  And it doesn't go away if I check it and then uncheck it.

<<SL>>

1 hour ago, Ldfa said:

Yes not logical.

Absolutely not logical because all other icons under the "Customize UI" menu are removed from the tool bar immediately when they are un-checked and return when checked.  The icon for Proxy remaining even after being unchecked in the View menu is counter-intuitive.  Just because it has been like that for a long time does not make it right.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Archived