Disable Autoplay Of Videos On Sites

Hello!

I'm using 4.9.2.500. I have FB Purity already so I can stop videos from autoplaying when I'm on the site. Is there a similar function in the Maxthon Browser? I go on a lot of websites with videos that autoplay albeit without sound. Very annoying and it does cause a slight spike in my CPU. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Unfortunately there isn't a way to globally stop auto-playing videos in Maxthon. The only option is if the site in question actually has the option. You could use the "disable plugins" option, but that will also stop you from manually playing the content as well.

Just reading up on this and it seems most (all?) other browsers give you the opportunity to manually enable plugins (at least flash) per site/video as required. Definitely something that needs to come to Maxthon.

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

Unfortunately there isn't a way to globally stop auto-playing videos in Maxthon. The only option is if the site in question actually has the option. You could use the "disable plugins" option, but that will also stop you from manually playing the content as well.

Just reading up on this and it seems most (all?) other browsers give you the opportunity to manually enable plugins (at least flash) per site/video as required. Definitely something that needs to come to Maxthon.

Mx has a flash extention that stops all flash vids, not sure it still works.

Flash block

http://extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=1236&category_id=

1 minute ago, PHYR said:

Mx has a flash extention that stops all flash vids, not sure it still works.

Yeah, but it completely blocks flash. You need to disable the extension to enable it again IIRC.

The option in the other browsers allow you to click the element and it then loads the flash content. Much better, as you get the best of both - content blocked, but available when required.

Archived